March 29, 2024, 12:24:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrut CV in pitch - pressing a key changes everything  (Read 1714 times)

botski

Minibrut CV in pitch - pressing a key changes everything
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:47:43 pm »
Hello,

I started experimenting with hooking my A4's CV out to the minibrut last night.  I was getting sound out of the minibrut, hurray!  But I noticed that if I pressed a key on the minibrut (I did this accidentally) the minibrut would then scale to a whole new set of frequencies.  Is this normal? It seems to me that the CV in scaling should be fixed.  I know the answer is "dont hit the keyboard, stupid".

Example for clarification - I program the A4 to output send a CV pitch to the Minibrut, let's say that the note is a D which happens on beat 1 of 16, repeating.  I then press a key on the minibrut.  Now when the A4 sends the CV data, I am hearing a different note than D on subsequent beat 1's from the A4.

Maybe this is be design?  Maybe people use this to be creative?  Any ideas feel free to fling 'em at me.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:55:33 pm by botski »

BodoBrute

Re: Minibrut CV in pitch - pressing a key changes everything
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:15:25 pm »
Hi,

I started experimenting with hooking my A4's CV out to the minibrut last night.  I was getting sound out of the minibrut, hurray!  But I noticed that if I pressed a key on the minibrut (I did this accidentally) the minibrut would then scale to a whole new set of frequencies.  Is this normal?

yes it is (I do this with a Korg SQ-1, but then a CV is a CV is a CV ;)). You can thus conveniently transpose the sequences by pressing a key on the MiniBrute. If you don't want that, the workaround is easy: Don't press keys on the MiniBrute while the sequence is playing ;).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines