March 28, 2024, 06:17:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs sending coarse values, not responding properly  (Read 6076 times)

syntactical

Knobs sending coarse values, not responding properly
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »
I'm using Ableton 9.7 with an Arturia Minilab with firmware revision 3.0.0.5.   I am trying to control certain parameters using the Minilab's knobs. 

Whenever I use the MIDI mapping mode to map a knob to a certain parameter and start to use that knob, the value of the parameter moves to its highest value no matter which way I turn the knob.  After this, if I turn the knob a few turns clockwise, the parameter quickly jumps from its highest value to its lowest value.  There's a very small range in which the knob works, and it seems that I can only increment the parameter value in steps of 32 or so.

In other words, turning the knob counterclockwise just a hair increases the value of the parameter 25%, and turning the knob clockwise just a hair decreases the value of the parameter 25%.  Which is the opposite of the expected behavior.

I've upgraded the firmware, and I am sure I am using the Minilab in absolute mode, and I have no idea what to do.

bloo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Knobs sending coarse values, not responding properly
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:36:26 pm »
I have recently posted this : http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90426.0 about the same issue I am having. Not a solution at least not for something we've spent our money on, but if it helps...

bloo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:43:24 pm »
also check this post that I have just found from back in 2013, haven't tried it yet might worth a shot.

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=13771.msg36769#msg36769

either download the suggested UserConfiguration.txt file and adjust the value or find the one you should already have in one of the following folders:

Mac users:
Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live (latest version)/user remote scripts/
PC WINDOWS XP Users:
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Ableton\Live (latest version)\Preferences\User Remote
Scripts\
PC WINDOWS 7 Users
C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live (latest version)\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

Let me know if it gets fixed since as I said above, haven't yet tried it.

Kom_plain

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 07:50:00 pm »
I found the ultimate solution to JUMPY KNOBS!
Reinstalling and updating software won’t give you anything guys. It’s mainly hardware issue and it’s easy to fix. Here is how I did that:
1) Open your Arturia back panel,and remember where each screw goes;
2) Flip Arturia and undo all the grey knobs on front panel. They come off pretty easily and you won’t damage them anyways. I used my kitchen knife for example.
3) Flip back and undo ALL the screws on an inside circuit boards. I didn’t disconnect units so I can see what’s happening and operate it while it’s without a case!
4) Carefully take out all the insides and lay them on your table facing front like it suppose to be
5) So here’s what I found. Closely inspecting Knobs I used Alcohol and cotton swabs to remove GREASE that gathered around knobs right where it goes inside metal casing.
6) Plug in your naked Arturia and open Analog Lab
7) Rotate knobs to see which ones are jumpy. Then unplug Arturia. Wipe that knob, all the way around. I’m personally was trying to get alcohol right in that bottom of the knob while rotating it. You will feel with a time that knob starts to rotate easily and kind of better than before.
8) plug in Arturia back and see how it works? I bet it is. Mine is perfect now!
I also wiped all the FINGERPRINTS and a bunch of random dirt from the face of circuit board just to be shure. But all in all my Arturia works perfect now
9) Put everything back in a same order. Enjoy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:54:59 pm by Kom_plain »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines