March 29, 2024, 11:31:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 7733 times)

VAU

Re: Feature requests
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 10:51:56 am »
- use the 256 buttons to display parameter values or even patch names

VAU

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »
ps like done on the Linnstrument ( and this only has 8 rows...)

VAU

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 08:55:45 pm »
after wathing this novation circuit mono station video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunpB7H9SKs
i hope even more that there is capacities for more matrix pages

independent oscillator sequencing... mhhh....

and did i already mention that it could be nice to use the matrix for all kind of display duties ?

VAU

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 06:24:14 pm »
Hello Arturia, could you please give us a hint if you are working on updates and what they are?

Thank you

VAU

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 10:44:38 am »
added to list on pge 1

- possibility to modify all ENV stages independentely
 (lin/log, duration 2x, 5x, 10x,  etc)

TimeEchoProductions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 12:42:50 am »
I'm not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice if you could use different waveforms for VCO 3 for its audio output and its LFO output.

Like, using it in saw as an oscillator, but using its sine for its LFO function.

The other oscillators seem to have multiple waveforms simultaneously, so I wasn't sure if this could be possible with a firmware upgrade.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 02:43:57 am »
I'm not sure if it is possible, but it would be nice if you could use different waveforms for VCO 3 for its audio output and its LFO output.

Like, using it in saw as an oscillator, but using its sine for its LFO function.

The other oscillators seem to have multiple waveforms simultaneously, so I wasn't sure if this could be possible with a firmware upgrade.
I think it would be technically possible. As far as I can understand, the LFO portion is generating it's waveform in the digital domain using a frequency divided down from the analogue oscillator. There's a UI issue though, in how it would be controlled and indicated. Anyway, there are lots of thing that MUST be fixed (bugs and important usability issues) before diversifying into things like this.

frostyak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »
It would be nice to have sequencer for right hand in duo-split mode, a possibility to switch sequencing between voices.

stereonoss

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »
- routing of filters to left and right chanels independently

VAU

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
at least other companies don't think, my feature request about patch memory is that stupid:

"Store tens of thousands of presets
A Moog One preset is a self-contained blueprint, saving the parameters for all three layers of timbrality, along with each timbre’s sequencer, arpeggiator, and modulation settings. Moog One has the capacity to store and recall tens of thousands of presets that you can easily categorize, edit, notate, and even share via USB drive. Up to 64 presets can be arbitrarily grouped to a Moog One Performance Set, where they are immediately selectable via the front-panel Bank/Preset button configuration — a vital feature for live performances and session work.

Presets can be shared with an unlimited number of Performance Sets, allowing quick access to desired presets for each live gig, studio date, and composing session. Preserving more than just presets, User Spaces save global behaviors, MIDI settings, knob behaviors, port and pedal configurations, and even the LED brightness level of your working environment. This means that a USB thumb drive in your pocket can temporarily make any Moog One in the world your personal instrument."

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MoogOne16--moog-one-16-voice-analog-synthesizer

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 01:48:35 pm »
- routing of filters to left and right chanels independently
Not possible as it's not supported by the hardware. The signal from the voice is mono before hitting the effects.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 02:02:52 pm »
at least other companies don't think, my feature request about patch memory is that stupid:

"Store tens of thousands of presets
A Moog One preset is a self-contained blueprint, saving the parameters for all three layers of timbrality, along with each timbre’s sequencer, arpeggiator, and modulation settings. Moog One has the capacity to store and recall tens of thousands of presets that you can easily categorize, edit, notate, and even share via USB drive. Up to 64 presets can be arbitrarily grouped to a Moog One Performance Set, where they are immediately selectable via the front-panel Bank/Preset button configuration — a vital feature for live performances and session work.

Presets can be shared with an unlimited number of Performance Sets, allowing quick access to desired presets for each live gig, studio date, and composing session. Preserving more than just presets, User Spaces save global behaviors, MIDI settings, knob behaviors, port and pedal configurations, and even the LED brightness level of your working environment. This means that a USB thumb drive in your pocket can temporarily make any Moog One in the world your personal instrument."

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MoogOne16--moog-one-16-voice-analog-synthesizer
The Moog One is entirely different since it relies on external USB storage for this. It has an USB host port where you can connect memory devices.

The MxB doesn't have a USB host port. What it has is a serial FLASH device (25PE80) on the main board, which I assume is what holds the patches (there are no other high capacity memory devices that I can see). This is an 1MB device. An MxB patch could be using up to 2kB (depending on word sizes and packing), so 256 of them would use 0.5MB. That would at best leave room for one more bank of 256 patches. I'd be happy to see that enabled if possible.

In principle I agree that synths should have thousands, or even tens of thousands, of patch locations these days since memory is dirt cheap. I see no technical or economic reasons for a synth to ever run out of patch locations. But alas, synth manufacturers seem to think that's a bad idea. All manufacturers commit this "sin", not only Arturia. In the case of the Moog One, the "problem" is offloaded to external storage and it's still dirt cheap.

Edit: Correction on the Moog One: it turns out that it has 8 GB of memory on board to store tens of thousands of patches or more. Way to go!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:23:36 pm by DrJustice »

endreola

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:05 pm »
Nice job guys.  I applaud your efforts.  Now, how about putting them in order of priority?  :o

Am just joking with you guys.  However, if I was one of the developers, I would want to know which features are of the highest importance and get them coded first, then focus on the next priority items and continue down that path until development cycles and timelines are exhausted.

And from a selfish point of view I'm interested in knowing how other MB'ers want their rigs expanded.  As for me, I would like to see Gate speed/width controllable by modulation, support different Gate length per step, ratcheting, plus other stated Sequencer mods would be huge.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Re: Feature requests priorities
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:52 pm »
Aside from the requisite bug fixes and on-board access to MIDI functions, my absolute priority remains more user-defined mod matrix destinations. I know I have said it before but I am convinced that this alone would catapult the MatrixBrute into a place where no (non-modular, programmable) synth has gone before!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines