April 19, 2024, 07:07:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Renaming preset programs directly from the MatrixBrute  (Read 1813 times)

F5D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Renaming preset programs directly from the MatrixBrute
« on: February 05, 2017, 10:27:17 am »
I mentioned this in the technical issues forum, but I think this is a better place for it. The manual does not currently give instructions on how to rename a preset sound displayed on the e-ink display. I mean, it is not instructed, how to use the buttons of the synth to enter an edit mode to change the name of a preset program. I noticed when upgrading the firmware that you can change the name using the MIDI connect software. However, I consider changing the name of a sound preset a fundamental feature of any hardware synth. I have no possibility to have the USB cable connected to a computer at all times and the software open for renaming sounds. Therefore, I recommend that you think of a way to edit the name directly on the synth panel, too.

Editing preset name directly from the synth:
One possibility for entering the name would be to make use of the 7-segment display as well, as it can approximate symbols too. All symbols do not need to look perfect on the display, but when you scroll through them you recognize which they are. You could change the position of the cursor using the left right arrows under the 7-segment display and change the symbol using the encoder above the matrix. To enter the name editing mode, you could use a shortcut like Panel + left + right at the same time, or some other method. Then, you would scroll through the symbols using the left / right keys and change the symbol of that position with the encoder. In addition, you could use a section of the Matrix (like upper left corner) to better illustrate the symbol being entered to the name, while the 7-segment would show its own approximation of it. Finally, you would press save and then the name would be updated on the e-ink display, too. Please think about it! Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:35:36 am by F5D »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines