April 25, 2024, 10:38:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP with RX7  (Read 1705 times)

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BSP with RX7
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:48:28 pm »
I hooked up a Yamaha RX7 with the BSP.
In Drum mode when I hit the pads I get a series of voices.
There are 99 voices available in the RX7 but I can not seem to change the selection I get in the BSP. I get the same 16.
Is there anyway to change these?
Cheers.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP with RX7
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:45:46 am »
You can change which notes are sent by the BSP's drum pads in MCC.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

ozmic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:54:41 pm »
Thanks for the response.
The manual does not explain much and the video by Arturia shows the BSP drum part with software which does not help.
I assumed I should go to Device settings > drum map > Custom> then change the numbers which looks like they only change velocity or similar as they go to 127.
When I do that nothing changes.
In Controller Map if I click pad 1, and used trial and error changing many different parts like play mode and notes for example nothing changed.
Also in control mode on the BSP I can not change the drum sounds going through these pads.
Where exactly would I change settings?

Edit: Just tried this with a TR-8, 626 and a 707 and in drum map > custom > I can change the value and the drum voices change. So it is something on the RX7 side.
EDIT: Just tried the RX7 again and it worked. Very strange.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:45:27 pm by ozmic »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:35 am »
Cool!
I still think of a sleek, low, red Japanese sports car from the 80's when I read "RX7", heheh.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines