April 20, 2024, 10:42:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control MicroBrute using CV/Gate from another Synth  (Read 3433 times)

ReinerHelbig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Control MicroBrute using CV/Gate from another Synth
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:17:10 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to control the MicroBrute using CV/Gate from another Synth, e.g. Korg Mono/Poly (with correct trigger setting) or Doepfer A190-2 (MIDI to CV/Gate Interface).

I connected the CV Out to MicroBrute's Pitch In on the Mod Matrix and Gate Out to MicroBrute's Gate In on the rear. Unfortunately the MicroBrute's envelope is not triggered, although I have +10V Gate coming in from the Synths.

Nevertheless with the same setting I can advance the MicroBrute's sequencer step by step with the other Synths (Step On Gate enabled in the Connection software) and I can change the pitch of the sequence as well, so signals are recognized by the MicroBrute.

Anybody has any idea why I can't control the MicroBrute from another Synth?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Reiner

nashspacerocket

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Control MicroBrute using CV/Gate from another Synth
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:16:59 am »
is it because the korg isn't 1v/oct (just guessing not sure)???
i can play  the microbrute with a mother 32 and and an old roland sh-09 no problem with kb/cv out -> pitch in, and gate out -> gate in

ReinerHelbig

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Control MicroBrute using CV/Gate from another Synth
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:29:59 pm »
Hi nashspacerocket,

thanks for your reply, I got it working now. It's related to the sequencer settings in the Connection software and also related to your issue  :)

If the Step On is set to Gate then the sequencer can be clocked from gate signals but the CV/Gate synth control doesn't work. If the setting is Clk then it's vice versa, i.e. CV/Gate synth control is working but sequencer can't be clocked.

I decided to leave it with Clk to have CV/Gate control, so sequences can be run from one of my SQ-1s.  I'll abuse the MicroBrute's sequencer as "random source" to control e.g. the Filter for having bleeps and blops  ;D

By the way, the Korg Mono/Poly is running on V/Oct, the Trigger can be set to V-Trig or S-Trig. Very flexible for it's age  ;)

Reiner

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines