April 16, 2024, 05:30:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: General questions about CV  (Read 2114 times)

MBLarryH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
General questions about CV
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:49:54 pm »
the inputs and outputs on the back of the MB are CV and there is a page about the voltage range.
My question is how do these work ? I think that some of these same signals are in the Mod Matrix. When a 3.5 patch cable is plugged into the back does this disable that signal in the matrix ?
I have a Aria System 1M synth that has CV ins and outs that I would like to connect to the MB.

(where is the best section of this forum for these type of questions ?)
thanks, Larry

BobTheDog

Re: General questions about CV
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:44:11 pm »
Nothing is disabled in the matrix.

CV inputs are merged/added with the matrix values.

If you connect the gate out from the MB to the gate in of the 1M and the VCO 1 pitch out on the MB to the CV in of the 1M you should be able to play the 1M from the MB keyboard.

Then for example you could take the Filter Env 1 out on the 1M and connect it to the ladder cutoff in on the MB. Now the filter envelope on the 1M will control the ladder filter on the MB.

MBLarryH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »
Thanks, I did that cv connect from MB to System 1m. And it worked ! my first CV experience. Now the questions: I was using factory patch E07 and the 1M responded by playing notes. However I tried a few other factory patches (MB) and not all of them played notes on the 1M, some did  some did not. Is there a short answer as to why this happens ?

Patate le mage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 01:11:35 pm »
Hi, i did connect MB to a modular system, all the factory patches gave me gate and pitch answers, but some can have the pitch out of range of your 1M ( if you have no sound try to change the octave ).
 Some patches as the F13 gave near constant pitches ( not totally related to the keyboard ) that's because something ( here the env 3 ) modify the pitch of the VCO 1.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines