March 29, 2024, 01:22:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Licences: V Collection 5 and Some Individual Instruments Purchased  (Read 2803 times)

gregwalton42

Hi

I recently bought Analog Lab 2. Then I bought Modular V and Prophet V so that I could make my own presets. I was then offered a discount on V Collection 5 by Arturia because I already owned two of the instruments. I was loving the instruments so much that I bought the whole V Collection - even though it all came to the price I would have paid if I had just bought V Collection in the first place.

In ASC I have a full VC5 licence plus separate licences for the three other instruments I purchased. Am I allowed to sell/transfer one of the individual licences because I own VC5 on the basis of owning TWO individual licences?

Thanks

Greg

gregwalton42

Re: Licences: V Collection 5 and Some Individual Instruments Purchased
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »
Any thoughts, Arturia?

LBH

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »
My thoughts about this are this:

If you had bought V-collection without the discount, then you could sell the licenses for the other individual synths you owned, as you had bought them all at full price.

But because you only got a V-collection discount by owning individual synths, then you can't sell those individual synth licenses, as they are your ticket to the V-collection discount. Without those licenses you should had paid the full price for V-collection.
Then you will have got a discount no one else - not even owners of several V-collections thru years - have got.

Also if you sell those individual synth licenses, should the new owner also get a V-collection discount?

Can't you can see some informations about this on your Arturia account?

Perhaps Arturia will let you pay full price for V-collection - and then you can sell your ndividual licenses, if you wan't to do that.
You can allways contact Arturia sales suppport, and find out what's possible. Sometimes there are offers on V-collection where you get a discount as a new owner.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:55:29 pm by LBH »

gregwalton42

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »
That was my thinking LBH - I don't want to get the V Collection discount and not qualify for it, I know that would be unfair. But I only needed two licences to qualify for the discount and I had bought three, so I just wondered.

By buying the three licences and then buying the collection with the discount I paid about the same as if I had just bought the collection in the first place so I'm not complaining. It just looks from the licences displayed in "My Arturia" that I could actually sell all three individual licences and keep the collection - which I KNOW would be wrong

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »
That was my thinking LBH - I don't want to get the V Collection discount and not qualify for it, I know that would be unfair. But I only needed two licences to qualify for the discount and I had bought three, so I just wondered.

By buying the three licences and then buying the collection with the discount I paid about the same as if I had just bought the collection in the first place so I'm not complaining. It just looks from the licences displayed in "My Arturia" that I could actually sell all three individual licences and keep the collection - which I KNOW would be wrong

Well - it's not legaly wrong if it's allowed.
I don't read you like you complain.

As i said, you can allways contact Arturia sale and ask. Perhaps especially regarding the third individual synth license. If you can sell it, then in a way, i can understand, you can get a sort of discount on the V-collection. And as said sometimes there are time limited offers. And if 2 individual applications was enough for the offer you got and it had no impact on the offer at all, then you should be able to sell the third indivisual synth license, as i see it, and then you need to know what license it is.
If you can sell the third individual synth license, then why not? Also even if you have not paid over price for the V-Collection as it is now - just normal price, and you have been having some applications for some time.

I would say you should be able to see something it in your account. Perhaps that the V-collection is a upgrade or something like that.
Perhaps the third individual application also have made a difference for the discount offer. I can't tell. I'm not from Arturia. I would contact Arturia sales support directly about it - not thru this forum.

gregwalton42

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 08:18:13 pm »
Thanks, LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines