April 24, 2024, 10:51:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequencer mod: individual mod values on different modulation sources per step  (Read 2358 times)

wanne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
as far as i already get it the modulation values used with the sequencer are global and not per step ?
so if i choose to modulate for example vco 1 pitch and filter cutoff it affects all steps which are linked to modulation at the same time.
would it be possible to get individual modulation per source and step ?
with midi cc control in a daw this can be made iam shure but on the step sequencer i would be more easy and nice to do !!
thx

khidr

• Music is everything
Hi Wanne,
Nope, this is one of the exiting features of the sequencer. The modulation values can be set for each step individually. You could even use this to create duophonic sequences if you route the Seq modulation row to the osc 2 pitch on the matrix.
Wanne: would it be possible to get individual modulation per source and step ?
I'm not sure i understand what you mean by that, can you give an example?

-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

wanne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
example:
4 step seq.
want to modulate cutoff and osc pitch
but on step 1 only  cutoff and on step 3 only osc pitch
this isnt possible as far as i am dug into it !?
because i cant set individual mod.depth for individual sources ....per step,only for the whole thing in the mod.matrix
right ?

khidr

• Music is everything
example:
4 step seq.
want to modulate cutoff and osc pitch
but on step 1 only  cutoff and on step 3 only osc pitch
this isnt possible as far as i am dug into it !?
because i cant set individual mod.depth for individual sources ....per step,only for the whole thing in the mod.matrix
right ?

I can be done, in a way. In the sequencer you have the option to give an accent to certain steps. Unaccented steps have a velocity of 77 (?) accented steps a velocity of 110 (i don't know the precise values) You could use the velocity row on the matrix to modulate the (second) oscillator. This will raise the pitch of every step where the velocity is accented. You can then use the modulation row of the sequencer to control the filter frequency.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

wanne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
that was not my question  ???
take osc1 for anything else  ;)

so its not possible at the moment i guess ...

Seb

• Tech-Support
Hello wanne, you are right there is a single automation track in the sequencer that you can activate with the upper line of each step, and edit with the Mod Amt knob. You can then route to multiple parameters with separate amounts in the matrix, but the source will be a single track, not one for each parameter.

Seb

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines