March 28, 2024, 01:06:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Add proper 8 Voice Unison  (Read 9247 times)

Borseti

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Add proper 8 Voice Unison
« on: January 28, 2017, 04:21:04 am »
Come on guys, Unison on the original 4 and 8 voice with all the different SEMs programmed differently is what made the Oberheim such a monster! You can do it!

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Add proper 8 Voice Unison
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:23:08 am »
Please Arturia, do Unison on SEM-V!

midinut

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:26:03 pm »
I'm wondering if it would be possible for Arturia to create a shell for the SEM that would allow us to configure our own two-voice, four-voice, or eight-voice monstrosities.
Seems like it should be doable. They could also add a sequencer in there as well. Wouldn't need the programmer but a patch bay (or mod matrix) would be nice.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:03:00 am »
Yes a hardvare multivoice SEM used a module for each voice. Because of that each voice settings was different from the others.
I suggest to add Voice Variation to simulate this behavior. It could perhaps just be two parameters. One that set the feature on and off, and one that set the amount of voice variation. When off there will be no voice variation, When on each parameter shall be a little different for each voice. The amount of voice variation set the limits for how big the variations can be.

I realize that this do not make it possible to make totally different sounds for each voice. That would need a multitibral function of some kind like the one in Matrix 12 when that function works correct. I also would like that multitimbral feature. But i assume it will be easier to implement and use a simple voice variation.
Even with a multitimbral feature i would like this Voice variation feature in some form too. Something to make it easy to make voice differences. That could also include parameter copying from voice to voice with some kind of randomizing or something like that.

I suggest the feature/s is for all modes including polymode.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 11:27:52 pm »
Please add the play mode "All" or "Unison" to the 8 voice programmer, so all the activated voices play at the same time.
This would add the original SEM Unison behavior up to 8 voices. i think.

DerKastellan

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 11:00:51 pm »
Please add the play mode "All" or "Unison" to the 8 voice programmer, so all the activated voices play at the same time.
This would add the original SEM Unison behavior up to 8 voices. i think.

Yes, I really hoped that's what 8 voice programmer was for... I'd rather have a unison feature than the programmer. The bx_oberhausen has it, and it sounds awesome.

Currently I struggle to see an actual use for the 8 voice programmer as is, anyway.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines