March 28, 2024, 10:11:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pick-up mode - is there a way with Keylab and Analag Lab presets  (Read 2437 times)

padbury

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • You can twist perceptions. Reality won't budge.
Absolute mode on the Keylab encoders is a real negative for me and a pain when controlling the sound of Analog Lab presets.

Every encoder  and fader causes that synth parameter to suddenly jump to another dial position as soon as the encoder or fader is touched.

How come there is no low impact Pick-up mode available on this controller?

Absolute mode on a complicated synth preset basically nukes the sound upon first touch!.

Totally irrecoverable unless you do a screenshot or write down the initial settings before touching anything, then spend the time turning every knob (11) & slider (9) away from and then back to the original preset setting.

Only then can you reliably touch anything and get a predictable result.

This just does not work in the real world, where you change presets between songs and just want to get on with playing, not dealing with sudden major change in the sound.

I wonder why pick-up mode is not a good idea here, surely subtle change to a carefully designed preset would be a good thing when initially sculpting the sound after selecting the preset for the first time.

Relative mode on this same device, basically the rotary knob moves from 11 am to 1 pm on the dial only and is useful for such a minority of functions it might as well not be there!

Is it just me? or can this rotary and fader control of presets be done a lot better!
Prophet-Modular-Mini-Jupiter-CS80-ARP2600-Spark-Wurlitzer-SEM
M-Audio Venom 49 key Synth&Vyzex editor
"The Player" 25 key keyboard
Alesis SR18beatbox
SoundBITEmicro
TraktorAudio2
Live9-Sibelius7
M-Audio MobilePre A2DInterface
MOTU micro MIDI & ClockWorks
Alienware M11x Core i7 1.5GHz-8GB RAM-Win7x64

jmcecil

Re: Pick-up mode - is there a way with Keylab and Analag Lab presets
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:10:59 am »
not just you, I've quit using the keylab and have stopped several people from buying one because of the shit knob modes and other decisions that have ruined the keylabs usability.  It actually works if you use Analog Lab 2 in stand alone mode by the way.  But not as a plugin.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines