News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SysEx  (Read 6304 times)

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SysEx
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:58:14 am »
  SysEx import and export please. I would seriously think about selling the Xpander here if I could grab my patches off the thing!

jeffbart

Re: SysEx
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:05:35 pm »
Do you mean converting the sys ex from the real Oberheim hardware for use in the corresponding software plugin?

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:58 pm »
Do you mean converting the sys ex from the real Oberheim hardware for use in the corresponding software plugin?
Yes, being able to load Xpander or hardware Matrix 12 SysEx patches into Arturia Matrix 12, and even better being able to export patches <-- obviously that one would be harder since there's expanded modulation and an FX section, but it would be still possible to get all the original controller parameters sent via SysEx to the hardware.

this would be amazing on every level. I think that Arturia did a better job than usual with the Matrix 12. I've loaded factory patches to compare, and most of the differences could be chalked up to variations in hardware Xpanders more than them missing something. The emulations of hardware they make that do SysEx for patch saving would be wide open with the hardware if they did this.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:07:00 pm »
I would like the parameter settings to be the same as the original to get the same sound. A sysex feature would need this.
But Arturia have removed the sysex import feature from Prophet V in the new version. I have it in Prophet V2. So  Arturia seems to go in another direction.
Anyway i still wan't the parameter settings to be the same, so it's at least possible to manually copy settings between hard and software. Sysex do make it easier to work with two systems, but in my view the precise parameter setting is the most important.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:09:08 pm by LBH »

tbyrne

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »
Sysex import would be awesome. I have some Xpander patches that I would love to be able to load.

Matt Traum

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 05:06:05 pm »
Yes! I have been asking Arturia for this for many years. Without this feature, the Matrix 12 V2 is not a real emulator. Even if it is not accurate, it would be a start for programming.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines