March 29, 2024, 07:56:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Voltage Controlled Envelope Generator  (Read 3560 times)

gregwalton42

Voltage Controlled Envelope Generator
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:52:46 pm »
Hi

It would great to have at least one Voltage Controlled Envelope so that the Attack/Decay times could be controlled e.g. to make sounds shorter at top end of the keyboard, or to have a velocity sensitive attack.

Thanks

LBH

Re: Voltage Controlled Envelope Generator
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 06:04:24 pm »
It would great to have at least one Voltage Controlled Envelope so that the Attack/Decay times could be controlled e.g. to make sounds shorter at top end of the keyboard
Actually i think the 4 Key Follows (Slopes) is supposed to do this when a envelope is triggered by a Key Follow. But it don't as it is. It don't work.  I'm not  atechnician, but to me it look like a fault it don't work like that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:07:15 pm by LBH »

corum_beasley

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:56:50 pm »
HI i think i know what you mean.

I have been trying to replicate the Todd Barton Krell Patch with the ARP2600 with mixed results and want to concentrate on it there for now but it did occur to me to have a go at with the Modular V.

The dynamics / tonality of the patch are constantly morphing and that includes attack and decay times. He built the patch on a Buchla system and one of the modules used is the 281e which allows separate voltage control over attack and decay times.

I don't know whether a similar module would be in the spirit of the original as these are replications of the original modules but i guess looking at all the other synths in the V5 collection they have bonus features so perhaps why not here?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:52:49 pm »
I don't think Moog Modular have something like this http://www.doepfer.de/a1412.htm .
(I think Moog have some trigger modules of some kind, but i don't know if a Moog Modular can do all this in some way. I would like it.)

But two ways (positive and negative) modulation inputs for all the individual ADRS parameters in all envelopes including the VCA envelopes should do the trick and more - or am i missing something?

In other Arturia applications the Modulation Matrix can be used, but in modular i think it's better if each parameter could have a modulation input. However a mod input needs GUI space, so perhaps a Matrix to modulate the envelopes is needed.
Some new xtra and bigger envelopes that can be modulated can do some, but i would like the mod possibilties for the VCA envelopes as well.

No doubt the possibilities would be useful to have in Modular V.
Also in ARP 2600 V for that matter.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:59:21 pm by LBH »

corum_beasley

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »
HI LBH thanks for finding the doepfer module. I have small doepfer system and have recently added the a149-1 random module the module you have suggested will go very nicely with. One for the wish list.

As for the Modular V it was my first love and it is great fun to experiment with but then i got the 2600 and fell in love that and then i took advantage of the offer for the rest of the V5 collection and have fallen in love with the Matrix and the Synclavier, fabulous tones ..oh and then there's the CS80 lol.

The sheer value for money of the Arturia synths cant b beat especially you fancy a modular system which can go silly money and then of course there's the original synths modelled by Arturia and we all know how much they can cost!

Cheers Arturia you have made practically impossible dreams come true!

gregwalton42

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 11:36:45 am »
I accept that a VCEG probably wouldn't replicate an original Moog module but, in the spirit of Arturia extending the capabilities of its virtual synths it is something I would find useful. Even a single control input to modulate all of the times together would be great.

It does seem a bit greedy, given that they have already given us a Moog Modular - which stays in tune!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines