April 23, 2024, 05:17:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bottle preset going N U T S  (Read 2433 times)

larsxchristian

Bottle preset going N U T S
« on: January 20, 2017, 03:09:37 pm »
Hey guys!

I like the bottle preset on the 2600 v3 a lot, but itīs gone apeshit on me. I donīt know if others have experienced the same?
Iīm running a hackintosh(smoothly) on El Capitan in Ableton, with an UAD apollo thunderbolt as my main interface.

Check out my video to see the popping and powing:
https://goo.gl/photos/Pp91kb7orGHxEKLx5
If you want to skip the nonsense go to 1:24.

So this is basically what it starts to do after a while, it pops everytime I start a midi sequence. After a small while of just doing other stuff on the computer or noodling in the session this is what happens:
https://goo.gl/photos/Uc9xw9KRfJvYKa6B9

Anybody else have this issue in this preset or know why it is? This hasnīt happened to my arp 2600 v3 before. And yes, I have restarted the computer and audio interface two times since it started occurring.

Also the preset hangs after a note, is there anyway to change the parameters to make this not happen on quiet parts?

Thanks,
Lars

corum_beasley

Re: Bottle preset going N U T S
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »
Hi larsxchristian, I have just repeated your symptoms.

If i play a sequence at moderately fast tempo from Korg SQ 1 into my Komplete Audio 6. It will crackle occasionally like in your video but if i increase the left reverb slider to 0.068 it will crackle all the time sounds like digital noise. Since i started writing this message (about 2 minutes) it as started buzzing like it does in your video and when i hit a key it goes mad. If i press the panic button it stops but starts again as soon as i hit a key.

I have found some of the original patches that use some kind of reverb feedback loop type patch they will slowly start to oscillate like mic howl. I don't know if this is what is causing this here, have you changed any of the patch settings? The left out to VCO 2 in could be the source of this but why it should spontaneously do all these things i don't know?

All the best

LBH

Re: Bottle preset going N U T S
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:11:04 am »
i can confirm this too.

Many parameter can have in impact. But to me it looks like it has something to do with the filter. And perhaps especially the pre-wired VCO-1 input to the filter. When there is an error, then if i turn that input all the way down, then the error vanish. I have repeated this several times.

It can be a bug. Especially as it don't happen all the time.
It can also  be a corrupt preset. Hard to tell.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:34:02 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines