April 26, 2024, 12:39:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer - setting the starting point feasible?  (Read 1303 times)

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
Sequencer - setting the starting point feasible?
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:52 am »
HI all,

one of the most important features in the MB is arguably the sequencer real-time interaction capabilities by means of the matrix concept.

I found very interesting the possibility to modify in real time the sequrnce length, but what about being possible to select a different starting point than the first one?

I mean: in the analogue sequencers I can "jump" some steps in a row (i.e.: the first and second step) to have my sequence starting from the third step, for example, and continue on.

example: in a 8steps x 2 rows sequencer, I am able to "jump" steps 1&2 of the first row to have the sequence start form the 3rd step in row 1 and continue on all steps of row 1 and 2 and then restart from step 3 row 1.

is it possible in the MB anyway?

if not, could it be possible to have this enhancement in the future? do you guys find it useful like me?

thanks all,
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Re: Sequencer - setting the starting point feasible?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »
Excellent embellishment idea by Lensflare , this would add great versatility to the sequence,

Moog Modulars do it

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
Re: Sequencer - setting the starting point feasible?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:47:32 pm »
it (could) be feasible without major modifications if, for example, the FW could manage a simultaneous pressure of 2 steps (i.e.: the 3rd and the 12nd) recognizing them as "starting point" (the 3rd) and "sequence end" (the 12nd) when the button "Sequence Lenght" is active.
mainly, it's a matter of adding simply the recognition of the dual pressure, since one is yet recognized (the latter, as sequence end).

so, actually you press "Sequence lenght" button and ONE step to determne the sequence ending step.

with the modification, you press SEQUENCE LENGHT button, and press simultaneously 2 steps to determine the sequence start & ending point.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:49:22 pm by lensflare »
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines