March 29, 2024, 10:02:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: We want dates when we will receive our orders :)  (Read 6009 times)

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: We want dates when we will receive our orders :)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 11:06:41 pm »
Thanks DrAKS :) I'll bring some of my musical stuff up and we can have a jam :)
Seriously let us know when u have the MB sussed n u have made some cool sounds on it. Let us know what u think of it :) enjoy :)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 12:57:21 am »
Dr.Justice, I am reconsidering the Demora over the Lexicon 400, any views ???
Hm... that's two very different boxes... The Lexicon is a vastly more powerful effects processor with it's 4 separate fx blocks that can each perform any of a large selection of fx algorithms, including 7 different types of delay, while storing it all as user programs. The Demora on the other hand has only the one delay type with no program storage.

So it would depend on whether you want more fx types and programmability at the expense of some menu diving, or if you specifically want only a straight up delay with all controls available on the panel.

The Demora can be voltage controlled, so it would blend nicely into a MatrixBrute/modular environment. It can also be re-patched internally using the AIRA Modular Customizer since it actually has a modular structure where you could add LFOs, envelopes and filters etc.. That's actually crazy cool, allowing you to make it into a completely customized delay effect. The Demora also uses a sample rate of 96kHz vs the Lexicons 48kHz, but that isn't normally critical.

Perhaps you're like me in that you're not too keen on working with tiny LCD menus? In that case I can see why you're considering the Demora. Personally I chose the Strymon TimeLine to get hands on tweakability combined with a selection of 12 delay types, line level stereo in/out, top notch sound quality and 200 user programs. There's a range of other options sitting between Demora and TimeLine for performance oriented delay-only fx - check out one of the many delay round ups e.g.  here
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:05:42 am by DrJustice »

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 12:18:10 pm »
Dr.Justice, I am reconsidering the Demora over the Lexicon 400, any views ???
The Demora can be voltage controlled, so it would blend nicely into a MatrixBrute/modular environment. It can also be re-patched internally using the AIRA Modular Customizer since it actually has a modular structure where you could add LFOs, envelopes and filters etc.. That's actually crazy cool, allowing you to make it into a completely customized delay effect.
I have opted for a Demora delay unit. What won me over was the CV control of various parameters of the delay. As such, it should be a good match with a synth like the MatrixBrute (still waiting for mine to try this out with). You can also do other delay effects by rewiring its internal gubbins. I've barely touched the surface with mine but so far I have been really impressed. The signal path is very clean and the delay range of 20us to 10 seconds is crazy too.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:40 pm »
Thanks , I am preferring the Demora as the Strymon is overpriced for my pocket

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 01:20:37 pm »
Still no words on here from arturia. WHEN WILL WE GET OUR SYNTHS??

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 09:27:56 am »
Another week has gone by and still no answer from arturia. I want a date when I will receive my keyboard I've paid for nearly a year ago :(
It's getting beyond a joke now.
When will u send some to Dawson's music in the UK. Can u please give me an answer.

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »
Another day has gone by and .... OMFG!!! It's in the post!!! I can't believe it!! Thank u arturia for getting it together at last! Now just got to wait for delivery!!

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 10:32:43 pm »
You'll love it. Watch your back lifting it .

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 12:15:38 pm »
Where's mine? :( :'(

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 06:35:34 pm »
Where did you order PXPT?

MUSIC STORE professional GmbH changed the date today From April 22 to March 4. More yo-yo'ing, it may not mean a thing. No sign of anything at Thomann either, apart from occasional yo-yo'ing.

@Arturia:  With reference to this, What is the sales team saying?

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 11:47:21 am »
Where did you order PXPT?

I pre-ordered mine beginning of August last year from Professional Music Technology (PMT) here in the UK. I ordered from them because of their size and also there is a branch near where I live. I've just contacted them and there is no news at the moment.

mikehuckaby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 07:59:55 pm »
i don't blame you.  man they announced this last name, and they are just now shipping?

i watched them lie all through 2016 as to when it would be released.

that was not cool

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines