April 23, 2024, 07:24:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Open and closed hat won't play simultaneously.  (Read 2606 times)

caracalla

[SOLVED] Open and closed hat won't play simultaneously.
« on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »
Hey all, apologies if this should be in the 'general discussion' section. 

I just got my drumbrute the other day and had some time to play around with it last night.  After programming my first sequence I noticed that if I have a closed hat hit and a wide open hat hit at the same time it doesn't play the open hat at all.  I did some scouring of the internet but the only thing I could see addressing this is someone having mentioned that the volume of the closed hat drowns out the open hat.  The only problem with this is that I have the closed hat on short decay and the open on long decay...so if it was just a volume thing I should still hear the tail end of the open hat.  If I mute the closed hat the open hat plays loud and clear.

Am I doing something wrong?  My understanding was each of the voices was able to be used individually on this (I'm just using the single out at the moment).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:19:19 am by I grec »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Open and closed hat won't play simultaneously.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:50:57 pm »
Hi , the hats are linked so only closed hat has priority over the open hat . if you need the both to play at the same time you can try and shift the open hat a bit by holding the step and using the swing which will shift the step a bit so both can be heard.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

studio-kiel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Open and closed hat won't play simultaneously.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:43:49 am »
its inspired by a real drummer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines