March 28, 2024, 09:13:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI learn tempo control in Spark2  (Read 1918 times)

jackn2mpu

MIDI learn tempo control in Spark2
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:38:20 pm »
Is it possible to MIDI learn the tempo control so it can be controlled by an external device? Doesn't seem to be possible, at least not like you can MIDI lean other tings in Spark2.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Re: MIDI learn tempo control in Spark2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:56:18 am »
I use it in cubase, it follows cubase's tempo...which can be controlled by any number of things if you set it up right. I can set cubase up as a slave to any other type of clock if I wanted to, which would in turn, lock spark to that tempo. Are you in a DAW? If standalone, It may be possible but I am not sure how. I use it as a MASTER in standalone with a microbrute and it totally works.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:03:51 pm »
I use it in cubase, it follows cubase's tempo...which can be controlled by any number of things if you set it up right. I can set cubase up as a slave to any other type of clock if I wanted to, which would in turn, lock spark to that tempo. Are you in a DAW? If standalone, It may be possible but I am not sure how. I use it as a MASTER in standalone with a microbrute and it totally works.
Mainly I am talking about standalone mode, although I do use Spark in ProTools. I want to be able to freely change the tempo via the Tempo control and not have it chase tempo in a PT session. It appears that the Spark tempo control is the only one that can't be MIDI learned.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackroller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 06:33:04 pm »
Resurrecting this thread rather than posting a new one. 

Is this still not an option in Spark2?  Why can I assign literally every other control on the main page to my controller EXCEPT tempo? 

I would love to be able to adjust the tempo without picking up my mouse.  I hope Arturia includes this in an update.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines