April 19, 2024, 01:32:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clock output on CV  (Read 2826 times)

rseymour

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Clock output on CV
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:00 pm »
The clock output options over CV have a maximum slowness at one clock per step.  It would be great if we could have 1 clock per 2 steps, 3 steps, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc  That way I could run my 8 step sequencer as a slow bass note instead of it always going twice through per measure on the brute.

sin night

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Clock output on CV
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 11:39:34 pm »
Mmm... this could be nice to use the clock out as a sort of trigger...

Anyway, for this kind of task, I use an EHX Clockworks (a clock divider) between the Drumbrute and other devices, so I can sync them at different speeds (if I'm not using midi clock, of course). Maybe there are better tools in the modular world (the Clockworks lacks a reset button to re-sync all the channels), but it's just an idea of how it could be done.

Another thing you can try, it's to use the Metronome out as a clock/trigger. It may not work with every device, but it's worth trying, since the metronome slowest division is 1/4 of a measure. I tried it as an external clock for the Clockworks and it worked fine, but it really depends on the device you want to clock (some may accept a strong and clean sound as a trigger, while others may require a proper clock signal).
As cool bonus, the metronome swings when set to 1/16 or less, and so the slaved device... edit: I remember wrong, the clock doesn't swing (I don't know why I was sure it did), I just tried syncing my Mother 32 to the metronome out and it works fine, but there's no swing (maybe I could get it by using the individual output of an instrument? I could also sequence strange rhythms that way....)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:55:58 pm by sin night »

rseymour

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Clock output on CV
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:34:37 pm »
It's also possible if I wanted the swing to trigger off of rim or something like that.  Might be worth a shot.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines