March 28, 2024, 12:45:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Making better use of the color options of the matrix  (Read 2163 times)

khidr

• Music is everything
Making better use of the color options of the matrix
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:59:22 am »
When in Sequencer  mode It is currently impossible to tell which locations contain patterns and which are empty. Unless you have a computer nearby with the midi control center active. There the empty sequences are displayed in blue. It would a great addition if you could see the same on the matrixbrute. Maybe using another color as blue is already reserved for the modulation matrix.
On second thought it's maybe idea to synchronize the colours between the Midi control center and the matrixbrute; blue meaning "empty sequence" and choosing another color for the modulation matrix.

Khidr
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Making better use of the color options of the matrix
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:22 pm »
I agree that an indication like you mention would be good.

I don't see a problem with using blue though, even if that's also used in the mod matrix mode, since these are distinct modes indicated by the lit up mode buttons at the top. Also, according to the manual you need to hold the "Patterns" or "Save" buttons to access the sequencer patterns. If that's the case, the colours shouldn't really matter since you'll be completely aware that you're accessing sequencer patterns.

Edit: When the Pattern/Save buttons are held, it would be useful if the linked-to pattern's button, if any, is lit in another colour (maybe it is(?), but the manual doesn't say).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:27:05 pm by DrJustice »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Making better use of the color options of the matrix
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:16:42 am »
Hi Guys,
I've listed your request here.
Thank your for your feedback.
Best
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines