March 29, 2024, 02:39:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pick and move cables both ends  (Read 3323 times)

corum_beasley

Pick and move cables both ends
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:10:54 pm »
It may seem trivial but i find it annoying to have to re wire a cable because i want to move one end to somewhere else, when i can on one end but not on the other. All the best

LBH

Re: Pick and move cables both ends
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:38 am »
I see what you mean. But after some thinking, then how to draw multiple cables from outputs (like you can do as it is), without disconnecting/ moving  the cable/s that's allready is drawn from the output, without it's going to be at least as annoying as things work now?

You would have to
1. use double click that perhaps can be hard to do because you need to be precise,
2. use left - right click or (Can MAC do this without usinh the apple key or something like that?)
3. use a computer keyboard key plus a click on outputs to add a cable from there. (I Prefere not to use two hands, as that can be very annoying in many situations.)
4. You have to be able to activate seperate cables in a output. (But how to do that as it is. One needs to be very precise if even possible.)

All 4 ways can be more annoying than the excisting.

It could be done. But i don't know if that's a good idea.

Have you thought about this? Do you have an idea to solve this?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:20:13 am by LBH »

corum_beasley

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 05:54:09 pm »
Brilliantly thorough. Yes your right i wouldn't really know what to suggest. Its just funny how you draw a cable from source to destination and it allows you to move the source side to another socket without re drawing but not at the destination side. This, as i said, seems a trivial thing and your exhaustive arguments point out many potential problems but i find it really annoying, a personality flaw i guess lol . Cheers LBH

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:12:03 pm »
Hi corum_beasley,
Don't forget you also allready can disconnect cables in both ends using the right click pop up menu.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines