April 16, 2024, 06:57:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Annoying bpm click in CS-80 standalone  (Read 6405 times)

francoise

Annoying bpm click in CS-80 standalone
« on: December 29, 2021, 08:43:17 pm »
WIth CS-80 standalone, in Windows, when the sync button is on (by default in half of the presets), one can hear a click (very audible in soft presets) corresponding to the BPM.
I contacted Arturia. They said it could not be replicated. I can replicate it daily and I can record the click easily. One has to turn the sync button off.
It is a problem in CS-80 standalone in Windows.

LBH

Re: Annoying bpm click in CS-80 standalone
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 09:59:41 pm »
Hi,

If it's by using an external clock (and it involve CS-80s delay sync), then Arturia must do something wrong, when they test. That's a very old issue. Here is one old thread about it: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94472.0

But CS-80 have many old bugs reported, that have never been fixed. I hope a new version of CS-80 V will come soon. Arturia should be able to do it much better now.
I very soon would like new versions of all the oldest applications ARP2600, Modular, CS-80, Mini and Prophet. And some things added and improoved in SEM too. - like Unison mode while keeping small differences in each voice - like the current 8 voice programmer provide now - intakt. Perhaps a rebuild would be best.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Annoying bpm click in CS-80 standalone
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 10:51:10 am »
I agree, LBH. I too wish Arturia would give us new versions of some of their older synths. The CS80 especially. Sure it is a great synth, but compared to a real CS80, the authenticity of its sound pales in comparison to the authenticity of Arturia's more recent instruments.

Every instrument they launched from the DX7V onwards has been so damn fine, it's time to re-code some of these oldies at a deep-down level, rather than just repackage them with shiny new skins every now and then.

Just my opinion.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines