March 28, 2024, 01:42:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Strange crash bug with Cubase  (Read 1472 times)

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Strange crash bug with Cubase
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:42:39 pm »
I have come across a strange bug with V-Collection 5 on the Mac. If I open and close 3 Arturia VST3 plug-ins in a row, on the same Instrument Track, the third plug-in crashes Cubase (v8.5) when it's closed. If I open two Arturia VST3 plug-ins in a row, and then a non-Arturia (or Arturia VST 2.x plug-in, such as Spark 2) Cubase does not crash. It's weird that it's always the 3rd Arturia VST3 plug-ins in a row that crashes Cubase.

Has anyone else seen the same bug?

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Strange crash bug with Cubase
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:07:53 pm »
From the Steinberg Knowledge base:
"On Mac computers, one might also observe that some plug-ins that end up on the blacklist appear to have worked perfectly fine in previous Cubase versions.
The reason is that our developers found a problem in OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and previous versions which cause plug-ins compiled with an older Objective C Runtime version to become unstable.

Using these plug-ins causes Cubase to behave erraticly on the mentioned OS X versions. The symptoms are random hangs, crashes and very often it causes crashes when you close Cubase. For the user there’s usually no visible connection that those problems are being caused by a plug-in.

With macOS 10.12 (Sierra), Apple fixed that problem from the OS side. We also work closely together with plug-in developers, so if still supported, affected plug-ins might receive an update to fix that issue on OS X 10.11 and lower.

Please ask your plug-in vendor for more information."

What's Arturia's take on this. Could this be the cause of the three-tries-and-crash problem?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines