April 19, 2024, 10:04:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving Sequences in the MicroBrute  (Read 4874 times)

MetadataMan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving Sequences in the MicroBrute
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:17:00 pm »
Stupid question du jour (and yes I've spent a considerable amount of time reading the manual, the FAQ, and previously posted questions, etc.):

What do I need to do to ensure that the MicroBrute saves (internally, not to an external DAW) the sequences I create?

Here's the use case:

I want to gig with the MicroBrute without lugging a laptop along, so I need to:

Power up the MB in my studio
Create sequences 1-8
Power off the MB
Take the MB to the gig
Power up the MB at the venue
Play the sequences 1-8 created back at the studio

Is this possible? Sorry for being so dense.

Thanks!

Jeff

Stephan_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Saving Sequences in the MicroBrute
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:53 am »
That's odd, my microbrute definitely saves the sequences when i turn it off and back on again.
Cheers,
Stephan

MetadataMan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:58:11 pm »
Thanks Stephan!

Played around with the MB connection software over the weekend and was able to get the machine to behave as you describe--apparently there is a setting (or more than one) necessary for the MB to save the sequences from session to session.

Follow-up question that is almost as dense: if I understand correctly, the sequencer is saving ONLY pitch values and rests--it doesn't save any of the settings of the synth itself. In other words, if I set the knobs to create a patch, then create a sequence using that patch, then later activate the sequence (via the PLAY button) after the knobs have all been changed, I will NOT get the original sound, I'll get a sequence of the same pitch values and rests but spat out using the new patch settings. Correct?

Thanks again.

Jeff

Stephan_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 07:53:30 pm »
I am beginner here myself, but i think i can answer your second question, too. The microBrute will not save any of those patch parameters or parameter changes. That would require a lot of analog to digital and digital to analog signal conversions, memory and processing power etc... and that would have made the microbrute a LOT more expensive.

The big MatrixBrute will have these features though.

MetadataMan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:00 pm »
Thanks again Stephan. That has been my experience just noodling around. I'm about to embark on a performance project and want to do as much R&D as possible before embarrassing myself in front of my band mates. ;)

CHFMN

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »
Just a heads up... there is still a bug in the microbrute's firmware that makes the sequencer think that no matter what sequence you have selected with the knob, it will always default to playing Sequence1. So even if the knob is set to Sequence7 and you turn it off and back on, it will play Sequence1 until you move the knob again.

MetadataMan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:30:58 pm »
Thanks CHFMN! I think I noticed that, although I didn't fully grasp what was happening or why. Good to know it's a bug.

I'm also still slightly confused about sequencer behavior with regard to the octave buttons and keyboard keys. If I record a sequence with the octave set to -2, then stop the sequence, then change the octave to +2, the start the sequencer again, I get what appear to be inconsistent results (shouldn't the same set of notes now play 4 octaves higher?). Ditto for touching a key while the sequence is playing--I know this is a setting in the firmware but I'm still not sure how this setting interacts with the octave keys.

Thanks again.

Jeff

jello

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:38:13 pm »
hi! check my new web-based sequence editor, you may like it :)

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=90173.0

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 04:00:12 pm »
Just a heads up... there is still a bug in the microbrute's firmware that makes the sequencer think that no matter what sequence you have selected with the knob, it will always default to playing Sequence1. So even if the knob is set to Sequence7 and you turn it off and back on, it will play Sequence1 until you move the knob again.

And I thought that the 2 microbrutes which I have here both have dead chips on them. Thanks for the tip!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines