March 28, 2024, 03:12:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2016 MacBook Pro with Logic X and Arturia plug ins  (Read 3255 times)

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
2016 MacBook Pro with Logic X and Arturia plug ins
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:48:16 pm »
I have just purchased a new 2016 MacBook Pro, 2.9Ghz  Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD drive. It came pre installed with OS 10.12.2 and Logic Pro X 10.2.4.
I installed the V collection and in switching between Arturia plug ins (say Synclavier then going the CS80) with nothing else running, Logic keeps crashing. Logic host plug ins are fine.
I've wiped and reinstalled everything (OS and Logic), and only installed the Arturia plug ins (and no other 3rd party plug ins) and still have the same problem.
Apple technical support installed Synclavier and CS80 in demo mode on their test iMac machine, also running OS 10.12.2 and Logic Pro X 10.2.4 and it was working fine.
However they then did this on the same spec MacBook Pro as me, and replicated the crashes exactly.
So they are sending the info over to the technical team in America, but it looks like the Arturia plug ins are NOT compatible with the new MacBook Pro architecture (and FYI neither are Izotope that I have discovered so far).
Would be good to get an update on this from Arturia as they have so far just 'passed this up level 2 tech support' with no further response!

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 2016 MacBook Pro with Logic X and Arturia plug ins
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:45 pm »
Just been doing more test and it also crashes with V4 plug ins... >:(

owl2

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:53:03 am »
I have same problem :-\

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:18:45 am »
Hi everyone,
sorry you're encountering this issue.
We are currently investigating about this case.
Could you please attach crashlogs to this thread? It will help us for futher analysis, while we are trying to reproduce this issue.

We'll do our best to keep you aware asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for your help and patience anyway.

Best,

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »
Please find attached the crash logs. I'm really disappointed that the only reply I've received to my support request is an email saying it has been passed to level 2 techs and not to reply to the email as it would get pushed back to level one. So I couldn't send you the crash logs last week...Only when other users have started to post on the forum do we get a response! I just happened to check the forum and saw your post...

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:45:22 am »
Hi Roopster,
thanks a lot to have attached crashlogs to this post,
i forward it right now to dev team for further analysis,
in the meantime, could you please provide me ( via private message if you want) your support case number? It will help to investigate further.

thanks again,

Best,

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:56:49 pm »
Please find attached the further crash logs requested.
V4 installed is definitely not the problem as I originally only had V5 installed and the crashing was occurring. I only installed V4 later to see if that also crashed (it does).
Anyway as you requested, I have removed V4 and it is still causing a crash. Please see the attached logs. Only 3 plug ins are installed, CS80, Arp and Synclavier and they all crash. There may be the same problem with the rest of the collection so you need to test those as well.

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »
OK so I've discovered something very strange. If I keep the Logic 'musical typing' window open (the one that allows you to play from the qwerty keyboard) and toggle between the Arturia plug ins, they do not crash anymore. As soon as you close that window and toggle the plug ins, it crashes again. Does that help you identify the problem at all?

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 10:20:50 am »
Hello roopster,

Thanks a lot for all these new elements. We'll keep you aware for next.

Best,

owl2

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »
I updated MacOS 10.12.3 and Logic 10.3 but not improved.

Attached crashlog is made when I operate
-create new Logic project
-create one track and insert miniV3
-turn OSC3 knob
-change miniV3 to PianoV
-click "Piano Model"

That's all and always crash.

Note: Spark2 doesn't crash.

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:28:25 pm »
Do you have any update on a fix yet?
Izotope have just sent me this suggestion as they believe it has to do with touch bar support - might this solve the crashing issue with your plug ins? (I'm unable to test as I'm waiting for a replacement machine from Apple at the moment as they sent me one with the lower spec graphics card than I had ordered originally). Maybe someone else can try if Arturia don't have a 2016 MacBook Pro with the touchbar yet.

From Izotope:
"I’d like to pass along the latest information we have about this issue. Our quality assurance team has done some testing, and they have found that the issue is specifically related to how our software interacts with Touch Bar support. We are still working on a permanent fix, but in the meantime we have discovered that disabling Touch Bar support for Logic is a viable workaround. To disable Touch Bar support for Logic, open Terminal on your Mac and enter the following command:

defaults write -app Logic\ Pro\ X NSFunctionBarAPIEnabled -bool NO

To revert this at any point and re-enable touch bar support through the Terminal, enter the following command in Terminal:

defaults write -app Logic\ Pro\ X NSFunctionBarAPIEnabled -bool YES

Please can you let me know.

Thanks,
Anu

roopster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »
OK so if anyone else is having this issue, I think the Izotope terminal command fix works for the Arturia crashing problem as well...I've only been testing for a few hours but fingers crossed...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines