March 28, 2024, 05:55:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 loading the same wrong drums in all projects  (Read 1490 times)

muspell

Spark 2 loading the same wrong drums in all projects
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:48:26 am »
Shortly before the holidays I opened a project I'd been working to find that there were no drums. The midi data was still there, but I wasn't hearing any sound. I opened up Spark to find that it was basically in an initialized state. All of the pads were blank with no drum sounds assigned to them. I looked through the preferences to see if anything was wrong there, but there was nothing different. No other tracks or midi instruments had any strange behaviors or changes, just Spark.

I closed the project and tried reloading. Same thing. I closed it again and opened a .bak file. Same result. I did some searching around the internet and found nothing. I opened a few other projects and found the same thing happening to all of them. So I tried doing a system restore to a few days prior before I was having the issue. There was a change, but not a good one. Now, every single instance of Spark 2 opens with Lyynk Indust 1. I don't know why it would be this drumset. I've never used it before, it was never a default as far as I know. Now this is the drumset that opens every time I open a project with Spark 2.

I have not yet tried creating a new project and saving a new drumset because I'm basically afraid to do anything at this point. I'm very desperately hoping this is something that can be reversed because I've got about 4 albums worth of material between 2 bands that has all, as far as I can tell, lost it's drum sounds.

Has anyone come across anything like this before? Is there a way to restore all of my previous drums?

DAW: Cubase 8.5
Windows 10

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 2 loading the same wrong drums in all projects
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:34:52 pm »
Hi, first have you changed or updated your comp?  did you check that spark is looking at the library in pref.  also did you save projects with samples as in pref? or did you just save projects.

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

morphbay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 2 loading the same wrong drums in all projects
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:05:34 pm »
Hi,
I have encountered the same problem with old projects (Win 10 Cubase 8.5). I found a backup copy of both old Spark Library and Dll (2.1) and managed to fix the problem with the old files. Previously I've never had problems when updating Spark but somehow the last version (2.2.0.76) caused some problems with old projects.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines