April 19, 2024, 03:47:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Panel Mode  (Read 1999 times)

Lil Hoss Big Jake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Panel Mode
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »
Apologies if this is a repeat, but I have not seen it posted. I must have hit close instead of post.

Can the panel mode buttons (Low, Up) be controlled by a midi controller.

If not, is there a parameter in the VST to allow slider input to be sent to the lower sound? I want to use  a Roland JP08 as a midi controller. I can set the lower voice parameters to separate control numbers, but there is no way to tell the midi filter which controller to set it to. At this point I can change the top patch or both patches.

I am using Cantabile Solo to perform the sysex  to controller conversions.

Thanks for ideas
Barry

LBH

Re: Panel Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:28:45 am »
Apologies if this is a repeat, but I have not seen it posted. I must have hit close instead of post.

Can the panel mode buttons (Low, Up) be controlled by a midi controller.

If not, is there a parameter in the VST to allow slider input to be sent to the lower sound? I want to use  a Roland JP08 as a midi controller. I can set the lower voice parameters to separate control numbers, but there is no way to tell the midi filter which controller to set it to. At this point I can change the top patch or both patches.

I am using Cantabile Solo to perform the sysex  to controller conversions.

Thanks for ideas
Barry

AFAIK you can't assign a hardware control to the "Panel Mode" buttons. I will guess it's because the buttons - as it is - only have an impact, when you use a mouse to edit parameters on the GUI.

Upper and lower parameters have their own MIDI learn/ automations parameters. So as it is, then you need two controls to control a upper and lower parameter individually, unless you have a controller that can manage to switch between multiple CC numbers/ automation parameters.
When Using MIDI learn assignment the Panel Buttons also is used to select if it's the upper or lower parameter that's being assigned to a control.

I think if possible it would be nice if the Panel Buttons could be assigned to a hardware control. And it would be nice if it was working this way:
1.When Upper button is active then the assigned harware control to any parameter should only affect the upper parameters.
2.When Lower button is active then the assigned harware control to any parameter should only affect the lower parameters.
3.When both Upper and Lower button is active, then the assigned harware control to any parameter should affect both upper and lower parameters.

This way the same control assignment could control in all Panel Modes..
I don't think this is possible by now.

If i have missed something, then please add or correct.

It would btw also be nice if it was possible to apply modulation to upper and lower parameters individually in Galaxy, Sequencer and Keyboard modulation.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:42:18 am by LBH »

Lil Hoss Big Jake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Panel Mode
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:47:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

Using Cantabile Solo (the free version doesn't support sysex conversion) I have come up with a solution. The Roland JP08 sends it's control information out the Midi out (not USB) as sysex. With the gracious help of Cantabile's designer, I wrote a filter chain that converts the sysex to control numbers. Then I wrote a filter that switches between 2 filters enabling the upper or lower set of controls.

I am still debugging it but at least in the short run, I have the results I want.

It would still be nice if the upper/lower switch was assignable, but I am blessed to have a JP08 to use ;D

Also it was interesting using Cantabile to see what parameters are assignable.

Barry

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines