April 18, 2024, 11:47:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS80 Authenticity  (Read 2883 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
CS80 Authenticity
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:22:38 am »
Dear Arturia

I've been a long time user of your software since the V Collection 3 days, I have bought all the upgrades up to and including V Collection 6, so over the years you've had a lot of my money. Some of your latest VSTs sound superb, I'm especially impressed by the CMI, Piano V2, DX7, Synclavier, and even long established stalwarts such as the Mini V, Arp and Modular are still good.

But your CS80 is sub par and needs a ground-up re-write. The basic waveforms are OK but the filters are totally wrong, plus not one panel preset sounds anything like its equivalent on a real CS80. Because I've been so frustrated by its inadequacy I've today begrudgingly dropped another $40 on a competitor's product (we all know which one, there really is only one) in order to get a CS80 VST that sounds authentic. The sound quality and authenticity is in a different league to yours, even though yours had a sizeable head start (I think) and has had several revisions. Having to buy another irks me considering how much money I've thrown in your direction over the years.

Please sort it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:27:54 am by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

jeffbart

Re: CS80 Authenticity
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 06:39:46 am »
After playing around with another plugin, and watching a bunch of actual CS80 youtube demos, there's something about the basic waveforms in the CS80V that just doesn't sound quite right. There's a subtle "thinness/reedyness" in some sounds ala classic Vangelis sounds, that I don't seem to be able to get in the CS80V. It would be great to have a look at the basic waveforms to see if they are truly authentic against the real hardware waveforms.

Cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines