March 29, 2024, 04:21:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jup 8 V3 standalone crashes on launch  (Read 2131 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Jup 8 V3 standalone crashes on launch
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »
I have a pretty poor track record asking questions here that anyone can actually answer even though I've only so far made about six posts. Let's see if I can do better this time.
I recently bought the V Collection 5 taking advantage of Arturia's upgrade offer. I've just noticed that the standalone version of the Jup 8 V3 doesn't work, in so far as it crashes every time I open it. It opens fine if I open it through Analog Lab 2 or in Logic, it's just the standalone which fails. I've tried deleting it and re-downloading it. Sadly it made no difference. Computer is a 2011 iMac with maxed-out RAM running macOS Sierra

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:18:21 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

corum_beasley

Re: Jup 8 V3 standalone crashes on launch
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:23:12 am »
HI MajorFubar,

I bought the Arturia V collection 5 a couple of days ago and have had no problems at all with any of the synths / keyboards including the Jupiter 8 using the standalones. I use a PC and had a similar problem once about 3 months ago, that was cleared up by contacting Arturia support direct, as generally speaking the people on the forum are not Arturia staff just people trying to help each other where they can.

My problem was with the Arp2600v3, which i had bought 3 months ago and i think this is what they said to me that helped. Its worth a try while you raise a support ticket:

1) Depending on your operating system, navigate to this folder :

Windows ==> C:\ProgramData\Arturia\<product name>\Temp
(you might need to copy "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" in your Windows file explorer address bar to access this folder)

Mac OSX ==>
a) Open Finder
b) Click on the Go menu and select Go to folder ( or just hit cmd+shift+G )
c) Type : /Library/Arturia and click on Go.
d) Open the folder of the concerned product and then the Temp folder.

2) Once you are in the right folder, you will see numerous files with the ".prefs" files. Delete all the ones you can find with the .prefs extension. It will reset your plug-in's preferences files and could solve potential issues.

Also delete the .settings files in the same folder if available.

(Note that it does not actually harm your installation as they are files that are created at the first launch.)

Hope this helps. There's some amazing synths in the collection and i hope you are enjoying them as much as i am.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »
Thanks, I raised an incident with Arturia shortly after my post here and I have just received an email suggesting the same thing, i.e. delete the prefs files, which has worked.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: forgot to say, yes, these are an absolutely amazing collection of synths. I think the only one which lets the side down a bit is the CS80. The version in V Collection 5 has of course had a much needed cosmetic makeover but the sound engine behind the scenes needs a re-think IMO, it is not as close to sounding like a real CS80 as the Memory Moon ME80, which in comparison looks amateurish but sounds better. I've been hugely fortunate in having used a real CS80 and most of the panel presets on the Arturia version are a mile away from sounding correct.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:53:55 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

corum_beasley

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »
I havent really experimented an awful lot with the cs80 and never heard the original. I had a quick look over on the CS80 section and didnt see you comment there. If you give specific examples of where they differ Arturia do listen on the forum and if they can reproduce / agree with what you have pointed out they could well put that in an update. Strangely i have neglected the Jupiter so far in my experiments. Im off to sort that out. Take it easy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines