March 28, 2024, 02:12:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hi, I can't save midi control setting to my keylab 61? I've tried all the ways .  (Read 3741 times)

Yunkoo

Whenever I reboot the device Be reset to the initial value.
     Please help me.
    Thank you very much!!!     :(

Jsynths

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Come on Arturia this is a legit question. Please tackle it. At least 381 people want an answer.

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

The number of views does'nt reflect how many that need an answer.

Personally i wonder which MIDI control settings the question is about, and where to find them?
And i wonder what all the ways are, when saying "i've tried all the ways".
Why not be specific and clear about the issue and what's been done? That might help in getting an answer, even from some that like me does'nt have the controller.

It's btw possible to contact Arturia support too.

Jsynths

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi LBH and thanks for your response.

The specific control settings details are not relevant to this subject. Just for the record, in my case it is a damper polarity setting. Solution is documented here:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/my-sustain-pedal-acts-reversely-how-to-invert-it
This solves the problem only temporarily. I have to redo the same steps every time I open the Keylab (Open Midi control center/sync/load memory to Keylab)

So the question is: how to make the Keylab retain permanently your specific settings without needing to resort to Midi control center at every reboot ?

LBH

Does'nt "Store" work? I would believe that the settings should be kept when stored.
And is'nt it possible to create a user Controller map for this for the Keylab series? I believe the Sustain pedal is assignable.

Jsynths

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I'd like to say yes it works but it doesn't. I assume item 5 refers to the "Store" button # 3 on the Keylab controller.

I tried also the "Store To" in Midi Control Center. That saves the settings to the Memory of your choice but still it doesn't make this a permanent setting. Every time I boot up the Keylab I still need to do the dance:
- Open Midi Control Center
- Sync keyboard
- Send saved memory to Keylab

Not a very big deal but still irritating.

LBH

I assume item 5 refers to the "Store" button # 3 on the Keylab controller.
As all the other steps seems to be done in MIDI Control Center (MCC), then i would believe this also refere to a MCC Store Button.
I don't use Arturia Controller, so i can't tell.
To me it look like, that this might have to do with the "Sync" feature. And this feature seems to go in both directions between the controller and MCC.
A question can be, if you work with "Sync" correct? If there is a "Store Button" in MCC, then i would try to use that.

Also be sure your firmware is updated. Is it?

If you can't get it to work, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.
I think it's a big deal if you can't store a global pedal polarity setting permanently. As i understand it, then it should be possible with Keylab.

Good luck.
Please report back, about what you find out, so other users can find the answer here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:47:20 pm by LBH »

Jsynths

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problem was solved with the help of José from Arturia Support.

After having saved a configuration with the steps described here:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/my-sustain-pedal-acts-reversely-how-to-invert-it
(Other parameter configurations can be saved in this way)
one needs to use the recall function which works as follows:
After booting up the Keylab, press "Edit" then "Recall" then choose the right number with the value rotary knob then press on the knob. Voilà.

I don't understand why there was no follow-up here by an Arturia staff member. This would have saved lots of agggravation & frustration.

Anyway problem is now solved.

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines