April 23, 2024, 06:34:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Will Ableton Live Lite via MiniLab mk II work on iPad mini 2?  (Read 1974 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
Will Ableton Live Lite via MiniLab mk II work on iPad mini 2?
« on: December 29, 2016, 12:46:05 pm »
Just bought a Minilab mk II keyboard as well as a SparkLE drum computer interface, both of which I expect to use on my new iPad mini 2 (32GB).  I already own the Spark CDM & the Key Lab 25 (had 'em for about a year now: LOVE 'EM TO DEATH!), which I use on my 2011 MacBook Pro to great affect.  But with the Akai interface I'm using with the MacBook, well, that set up is not really portable anymore.  I decided to go with an iPad for 2 reasons: portability (the iPad, SparkLE and MiniLab mk II all fit in one small padded brief case), and convenience.

I'm planning on using both the Spark software (independent, on either the iPad or MacBook), and Arturia synth software (also; on either the iPad or MacBook), simultaneously, without losing the natural work flow of having them each on their own dedicated computer.  I'm hoping, once it's all up and working, to use both my iPad & MacBook, running separate sounds at the same time.  Thus freeing me up to pick up a guitar or bass, as well as maybe a vocal mic?  Why not...  This could be real cool: like having a live band at my fingertips!

My question is: will the Ableton Live Lite software that's coming with the MiniLab mk II work on the iPad?  If so, will the stuff I do on the iPad Ableton Live Lite cross over to the Ableton Live Lite on my Macbook Pro?  My MiniLab mk II and SparkLE are both in the mail, and are on their way.  I'm just trying to plot out the set up in my head before I'm actually knee deep in all those ones and zeros...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:02:16 pm by damnedcat777 »
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Will Ableton Live Lite via MiniLab mk II work on iPad mini 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:30:31 pm »
Hi Damnedcat777,

i think i already answered to your question via the private message you sent me.

Hope it is clearer for you now :), if not , feel free to get back to me.

best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines