April 20, 2024, 04:25:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep49-61-88?  (Read 1560 times)

channel0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • people who play live life to the fullest
Keystep49-61-88?
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:40:21 am »
Hi,
I've been using my Keystep for quite some time now, and I love the form factor and the key sizes and their feel, plus their cv/gate possibilities.
Is there any plan to produce an expanded (49-61-88) Keystep version?  Maybe with expanded functionality like the Beatstep Pro's roller/looper...
It could become my next master KB.
Also, a black reverse B/W or all black keys version would be awesome :D
Wishful thinking probably, but who knows?

I searched the forum for keystep 49 keys and found no results concerning this. If there is a thread on this already, I apologize for putting up a new one..
cheers!
p
Arturia Laboratory 61 AE, V-collection 6, Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Drumbrute, Bitwig2.1, windows 10

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Keystep49-61-88?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:50:30 am »
I rarely speak poorly of Arturia, rarely at all.  In fact, I tend to defend them.  So I'm not speaking casually here:

Last round of products from Arturia leaves me feeling like the answer is "NO, AND STOP ASKING!"  I would be nice if they even just put it in the next firmware that the Keystep could be programmed with any external MIDI keyboard and that would make it a super strong composing tool, not just a chord looper, OH THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S BEEN OVER TWO YEARS SINCE THE LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!!!!!
I'm pretty bummed on any future efforts for the Keystep from Arturia, I feel like we have been silent banned.  Is that what is happening Arturia, are you just not announcing you've stopped supporting the Keystep even though you are still selling them?  About two months ago I jumped in on some instrument salesman selling a Keystep to a customer to basically say buy it, it's the best.  I won't be doing that again if we don't get a firmware bugfix release soon, like real soon.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines