March 29, 2024, 04:23:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jup 8 not saving FX changes to patches.  (Read 1931 times)

Wookiee

• The 4077
Jup 8 not saving FX changes to patches.
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:00:44 pm »
I have taken a patch within the Jup 8 and turned off the echo FX and saved the patch to a different name however whenever I reload the project the patch has the echo FX enabled

This is the FX shown in the Patch section of the FX below the Voice section of the FX.

Anyone else seeing this.
This post may or may not contain errors of an indeterminate nature.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory
Tunes https://soundcloud.com/wookiee-4077

LBH

Re: Jup 8 not saving FX changes to patches.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
Yes as plug-in in a project then i can confirm  if you only switch off a fx using the on/ off (bypass) button then the effects is on when you load the project again.

Is this a bug? It could be as the setting is saved in the preset. If you select the preset again, then the change will be there.
If you just save the edit with the DAW without saving the preset it's also the same.

It's the same with factory presets. All presets, that's saved with the fx off is allways on when opening a DAW project it looks like. That mean if you use one of those factory presets in a DAW project, then it's wrong when you reload the project.
So this must be a a bug Arturia.

In case it's DAW related i use Studio One 3.

If you turn the fx off by setting it to "No Effect", then the change is saved with the DAW project. All seems to work then.
But that you'll have to be aware, also when using factory presets. This is not good.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:57:48 pm by LBH »

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:39:48 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I thought that the fact that I in effect changed it from a factory preset by saving it with an alternate name in the user preset area that would resolve the preset problem.

Interestingly enough I did try a little experiment by closing my DAW (SONAR Platinum) and then reopening the DAW and project but this time I made a point of loading the patch from the user folder and it loaded correctly with the FX turned off.

As to is it a bug, I have never had a problem with SONAR loading an incorrect patch before so I suspect it may well be a bug in the Jup 8.
Arturia Synths: Modular V. ARP 2600V, CS 80V, Prophet V. Mini V, Jupiter 8V, Spark VDM, Analogue Lab, Analogue Laboratory

Wookiee

• The 4077
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
I have reported this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines