March 28, 2024, 06:31:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jumpy Knobs  (Read 27746 times)

ebond

Re: Jumpy Knobs
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 02:19:49 am »
Does anyone have a fix for this? The firmware in the last post bricked my controller and I had to install the latest to get it going again.

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that this is an issue on such an expensive controller.

Also, what is up with the absolutely insane verification measures to post on this forum? Is it because you don't want people posting about the quality of the controllers you are selling?

RobtheVoid

• Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 09:21:34 am »
Hey everybody !

I had the same problem for the jumpy knobs and I thought something hardware was broken.
I have installed an older firmware (1.09 available on Arturia's website : http://downloads.arturia.net/products/minilab-mkII/firmware/minilabmk2_Firmware_Update_1_0_9_83.led) and I have set the "knob acceleration" to "fast" in the device settings of the Midi Control Center. It seems now to work in Analog Lab 4.

Hope it can help you with this problem  :)

Man I'm not sure I understand
the firmware you linked it's exactly the LAST firmware for MK2 https://www.arturia.com/minilab-mkii/resources and not an older version
can you please clarify?

Btw I've talked with support via ticket and they have no news on the new firmware release.
Looks like this is not their priority. After buying an MKII and a Beatstep Pro, plus Pigment and the whole Collection V, i was looking forward for the Audiofuse studio but I guess I'll go for another vendor if that's the support they give

Does anyone have a fix for this? The firmware in the last post bricked my controller and I had to install the latest to get it going again.

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that this is an issue on such an expensive controller.

Also, what is up with the absolutely insane verification measures to post on this forum? Is it because you don't want people posting about the quality of the controllers you are selling?

unluckily no

Hello Roberto

Sorry for the inconvenience but We haven't received any news regarding this issue from the DevTeam.

Your ticket is already added to the log so you get notified when a fix is available or if there any Beta Firmware Update.

Again We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

That's how much they care
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:24:23 am by RobtheVoid »

iguatemi@gmail.com

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:49 am »
Hello everyone.

In case you are facing jumps with your encoders when moving them slowly, I have a beta firmware that you can try.
This firmware is greatly improving the response of the encoders upon slow rotation. You can find it enclosed.

/!\ This is a beta firmware and not an official release /!\

Best

Edouard

I just got my Mk2 and was REALLY frustrated with the jumpy knobs when moving slowly. This beta firmware fix ALMOST perfectly. I still get som values in the opposite direction but at least is is usable now.

Will use for a couple of days and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing this!

[UPDATE]

After using it for 3 weeks, the beta firmware is terrible also since it ignores fast rotations. Went back to the latest official firmware and is too annoying.

I'm doing a lot of DAW and plugins custom mapping, so if I can't move the encoders either slowly or fast, I can't use it.

Unfortunately, I'm returning my unit, a real shame.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:14:08 pm by iguatemi@gmail.com »

sebulba

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 05:47:18 pm »
I just installed the beta 1.0.12 firmware on my brand new minilab as well,

I was using it inside Abelton live, and the control you got with knobs 8 and 16 was unusable (very jumpy, make you move between row and columns, on such a critical setting that was a real issue !)

The new firmware solved the jumpy slow movement it so far, so that is great news

However the controls are MUCH slower when you need to quickly tweak volume knobs

If I can make a suggestion for edouar & arturia ; it's maybe to keep in mind that knobs 8 and 16, in your own default ableton config, are very critical : so they might need more aggressive "debouncing" that the other knobs
So you can make all the knobs "behave like firmware 1.0.9" EXCEPT 8 and 16 that need to handle slow changes (in ableton)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:54:56 pm by sebulba »

JTImonen

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2020, 06:55:44 am »
Hi,

Issues with Ableton Live Lite 10 + Analog Lab 4 Lite. Initial dialing of knobs are really jumpy. I've installed Beta firmware. I've also tested all the modes (absolute,relative1/2/3). Also switched between none/take over/pick up in Ableton. Nothing helps. Really frustrating. If I spin up Analog Lab 4 Lite as standalone. It's working fine.

And I was  thinking of buying Analog Lab 4... Maybe not...

Anyone to help?

btw. Beta broke some of the knobs, so replaced with 1.0.9.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:50:46 am by JTImonen »

RaoulLu

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2020, 07:59:50 pm »
Hi,

I am also facing some issues with the MiniLab MK2. My knobs are just bouncing sometimes if I am moving them. Its not horrible, but its quite annoying in automation in Ableton for example. Thus I'm thinking about returning the product. Is there any hope, that I don't have to return the MiniLab MK2?

jsmusic94

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2020, 02:22:54 am »
Sadly I too have this issue, values jumping around and not being smooth enough to record automation properly. The Mod Pad seems a little smoother, so where I have to, I've been using that. But I must say this product (MiniLab Mk 2) is a great disappointment. First time getting hardware from Arturia and it's a big let down. Only had it 3 days and I regret getting it because I purchased almost entirely on the look of those knobs :-D and sadly I have to avoid using them at all costs. I already have a great keyboard for playing in but needed some hands on interface with all the software synths I've got - from Arturia - so all in all its probably gonna be sold. Arturia, you should sort this. No one buys a keyboard like this one expecting it to be shakier than a mouse.

RobtheVoid

• Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 11:07:02 am »
GUYS
it has FINALLY been fixed

Just to go the main page of arturia.com
you will see in the news the new firmware
https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-mkii/overview

download it from MIDI CC
just tested and it works

Finally!

JTImonen

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2020, 01:48:05 pm »
GUYS
it has FINALLY been fixed

Just to go the main page of arturia.com
you will see in the news the new firmware
https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-mkii/overview

download it from MIDI CC
just tested and it works

Finally!

I have still issues with new firmware. Same jumpy behavior is happening.

Exirion

• Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:30 pm »
I have still issues with new firmware. Same jumpy behavior is happening.
Are you sure the current version is 1.1.X? Yesterday mine updated to 1.1.2.

Much smoother experience with the knobs. Like night and day.

Walda_Van_Echo

• Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2022, 03:07:58 am »
I bought a brand new Mini Lab MK2, i have 1.1.2 right ouf the box.
And I have still the mentioned problems, it just jumps around like i wouldn't have endless knobs.
Right when i touch the knob it jumps from 0 to 50 and randomly so on.
That is damn annoying since the hole purpose of this purchase was exactly because of the endless knobs. 🙃

Anyone a work around? will try 1.0.9 like mentioned above.

EDIT: I can't find the older version anywhere? Back then "Driver/Software" Download pages used to have older versions.

Also i figured out that it is not really jumping randomly, when I swtich presets in analog lab, and touch the knobs, they are jumping to the previous left postion of the previous preset.
Tha is screamingly annoying since, that is exactly what I was to solve with this midi controller.

The only hope that I have left is know, that it is to 100% sure a software problem not a hardware problem.
It seems like the buffer which saves the position of the knob, didn't get wiped cleanly after switching presets.

Should be a easy fix, if one of your devs takes a bit time for.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:45:41 am by Walda_Van_Echo »

victorcampos

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2022, 08:47:26 am »
Got it working after tweaking a lot of settings, deleting the post.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:14:11 am by victorcampos »

skushch

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »
Got it working after tweaking a lot of settings, deleting the post.

@victorcampos could you share you configuration? I'm experiencing the same issues

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines