March 29, 2024, 01:08:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to sync sequencer  (Read 2789 times)

wrieselbach

How to sync sequencer
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:10:16 pm »
How do I sync the sequencer in the Modular V to Sonar?  I have a nice 8 beat pattern in the sequencer, but it translates to about 9 1/2 beats when I play it into Sonar.  Playing it through Sonar btw, although it really doesn't seem to matter which way I do it.
 Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:52:06 pm by wrieselbach »

LBH

Re: How to sync sequencer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:29:17 pm »
Have you set Modular V's sequencer to MIDI sync using the MIDI sync switch below the sequencers Tempo/ Frequency Oscilator?

Do your sequence use Modular V's Delay? If so is the dealy on MIDI sync?
Unfortuantely the deleays MIDI sync options is not very good to get different kind of rythmic results. That's something i would like being improoved as you can't get a MIDI Synced Sequence to sync with a MIDI synced delay unless the delay is one of the limited possibilities that not very alive and good to fill in notes in the sequence. SO in many cases you need to adjust the delays tempo manually if you change sequence tempo.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: How to sync sequencer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:48:15 pm »
How do I sync the sequencer in the Modular V to Sonar?  I have a nice 8 beat pattern in the sequencer, but it translates to about 9 1/2 beats when I play it into Sonar.  Playing it through Sonar btw, although it really doesn't seem to matter which way I do it.
 Thank you!

What I do is set the Modular V's sequencer MIDI Sync switch to on, but also (right below that switch) set On to External Sequencer Start, and Off to External Sequencer Stop. That makes sure the Modular V sequence starts and stops in sync with your Sonar DAW

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines