April 20, 2024, 07:42:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Envelope triggers from Sequencer  (Read 2227 times)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Envelope triggers from Sequencer
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:57:43 pm »

There are many times I would like to, for example,  fire Envelope 1 from sequencer steps 2, 4, 6 and 7.

In the current configuration, there is no way to do this - each envelope can only have one trigger source. So I would have to waste 3 envelopes just to be able to do this.

Wouldn't it make sense to allow more than one trigger source?

corum_beasley

Re: Envelope triggers from Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 11:53:59 am »
Hi Im not sure i understand you 100 percent here correct me if im wrong. If you click on the trigger input of the main envelope's and the additional envelopes at the top of the layout, 1 through 5, you can select any of the sequencer steps as a trigger source. I use this a lot to modulate the filter cut off for accents etc...

LBH

Re: Envelope triggers from Sequencer
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:34:35 pm »
Hi Corum_Beasley

Yes you can trigger a envelope from one step of the sequencer like you do. But you can't trigger a single envelope from multiple steps of the sequencer - like from step 2,4,6 and 7 to use hermitnerds example.

I'm not sure if there has been a Moog Modular module like a Trigger Mixer that could mix multiple trigger inputs to a single trigger output. But that would do the trick. Also hermitnerds suggestion to have more trigger inputs on the modules could do the trick.
There is'nt much room on the envelope modules to have more inputs, but i guess a solution can be found if more space is needed - like using a matrix panel.

@Hermitnerd
Perhaps post a feature request in the Modular Vs feature request forum about your wish.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines