March 29, 2024, 12:31:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Switching presets in DAW  (Read 1889 times)

spacebrain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gernot Reininger
Switching presets in DAW
« on: December 21, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »
Hi community. Last week I updated to v collection 5. While playing around with the instruments I realized that switching presets in my daw does not work properly. Some presents stay quiet and there is no sound. In the stand alone version everything works like it should. Has anyone experienced this too?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:49:20 pm by spacebrain »
IMac 27 Late 2013 32 Gb Ram, OSX Sierra, Cubas e 9 Pro, V Collection 5, Focusrite Clarett 8PreX

LBH

Re: Switching presets in DAW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:51:45 pm »
It would help if you post some applications and presets examples.

I noticed that some presets in B-3 V have sound issues on the coarse of this issue http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89665.msg136509#new
It's a preset like "Crimson" and others that use the Multi point envelope feature.
However this apply to both the stand alone and the plug-in.

spacebrain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gernot Reininger
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:59:48 pm »
Thanks. I will post some of the instruments and presets that don't work. Not sure if I have the time to do it today but I'm sure to post tomorrow. Btw my daw is cubase 9 pro.
IMac 27 Late 2013 32 Gb Ram, OSX Sierra, Cubas e 9 Pro, V Collection 5, Focusrite Clarett 8PreX

spacebrain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gernot Reininger
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:27:30 am »
today i tested the different instruments and presets. when i loaded the farvisa every second or third preset won´t work and stayed quiet. so i tried to restart cubase and all farvisa presets worked. so i sometimes had to restart cubase and then it worked again. any tips or ideas?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 05:00:59 pm »
I don't use Cubase.
Are you using the latest version of Arturia plug-ins and of your Cubase?

Just in case. Some Farfisa V presets can take a little while before they are loaded. If you shift presets very fast then you can exsperience no sound untill the sound is loaded.

spacebrain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gernot Reininger
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
Yes. I am using latest version of arturia and cubase. Thank you for your input but I definitely gave the instrument enough time to change and load the new preset.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »
Your welcome.
Yes i thought so.
I don't know if is about Arturia and Cubase or something else. I have not seen any similar report. It's a annoying issue you are exsperiencing.
Is it only Farfisa V you have troubles with? If so you perhaps can try and make a re-install. A clean one where you remove the hidden files like presets manually.

Can someone using Cubase confirm this?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:34:51 pm by LBH »

spacebrain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Gernot Reininger
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 07:05:16 am »
I have to take a deeper look at the other instruments and see if there are also problems with the presets. Thank you for your help and ideas!
I'll let you know.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines