March 28, 2024, 03:36:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synclavier V not showing parameter data with controller movement.  (Read 3014 times)

jackroller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When I assign parameters to my Akai MPK controller, Synclavier doesn't display the value of the control being moved when I turn a knob on the controller.  It only shows me the values when I move the controls on-screen with the mouse. 

Surely this is a bug, and not by design.  Right?

LBH

Re: Synclavier V not showing parameter data with controller movement.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »
I think it's for all Arturia applications that the values are not seen in the applications value display (that unfortunately is placed at the bottom of the applications), when you control them with a hardware control.
It would be nice if the values was displayed there too.
It's unexspected behavior and as such a bug as i see it, but if it's intendeed behavior, then it's not a bug.
It would be nice if Arturia commented on this.

I use Stand Alone and VST3 versions of all Arturias applications, and it's the same in both.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »
I don't see how it should matter to the control whether it's manipulated by mouse or external controller, assuming the controller can send the proper messages and the plugin can understand them.

I have a question for jackroller - does the control in the gui move at all and is the sound affected when using your controller? If it does then there's a bug in the Arturia s/w with it not displaying the control value.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackroller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »
The controls in the software do move, and I hear the sound changing when I move something on the controller.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32:33 pm »
The controls in the software do move, and I hear the sound changing when I move something on the controller.
Everything works; it's just that you don't see the values in the display right? For as unreadable as that parameter readout is I wouldn't consider this an issue.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines