April 20, 2024, 12:13:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The output in Mini V3 is too low.  (Read 2206 times)

LBH

The output in Mini V3 is too low.
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »
The output in Mini V3 is too low.

I like that a presets output is'nt to high. But as there is a difference when - especially when using softclip - in the sound relative to the OSC level for a waveform, the the possible total output is way too low.

If i set a output that should be O db, then it's around -12 db and when softvlip is on around -18 db.

Even if i have 3 OSC's set at +13.86 db (Fully up) and the main volume like wise, then i only reach at most around 0 db with softclipping on and around -10 db when Softclipping is on.

This has an impact on the sound. Especially when using softclipping.  Arturia pleasemake it possible to raise the total output level. I can imagine it's about the main output. (But please don't male the levels for the excisting presets louder. They have to be corrected/ adapted.)

I use Studio One 3. Also in stand alone the putput seems too low.
Can anyone confirm the output is too low in other DAW's too?

Edit: I forgot to say, that the output problem gets even bigger when raising the Emphasis. Up to around -12 db lower output when using emphasis.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:26:39 pm by LBH »

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: The output in Mini V3 is too low.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:12 pm »
Yes, output is too low. Always need to put an Utility (ableton) to raise the levels.

LBH

Re: The output in Mini V3 is too low.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:27:35 pm »
Thanks for confirming waltercruz.
i think it's important to look at the main output for this, because of the consideration to the Softclip, like i decribed in my first post.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines