March 29, 2024, 01:26:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Time division (SOLVED - not a bug) and looper sync issues in firmware 1.1.0.0  (Read 1985 times)

drumbat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Having a great first day with the Drumbrute thank you!  :D

I've noticed two couple of problems:

(i) I have the Drumbrute synced to external clock at 128bpm with time division set to 1/16. Al is working well.  I change time division to 1/8. Playback speed doesn't change but tempo display and midi clock output doubles (i,e. 256bpm). I set time division to 1/32 and tempo display and midi clock output are half the original (i.e. 64bpm)

When sync is set to internal, the time division feature works as expected.

(ii) When synced to an external clock, messing around with the looper can fairly quickly cause the sync to shift.

Midi control center settings attached.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:48:32 am by drumbat »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Time division bug and looper sync issues in firmware 1.1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:27:01 am »
Hi drumbat,

Concerning the first point it is the normal behavior. You are in "One Clock Per Step" that means you can choose whatever time division you want, the playback will always going one step forward for one incoming clock signal. But changing time division will impact the tempo as the playback speed does not change but the time division changes.
Use other clock settings to have the playback speed change when you change time division.
Hope it helps.

About your second point. It happens whith external sync in one pulse per step (as on the MCC picture)? Do you use shift or swing in your pattern ?

drumbat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Time division bug and looper sync issues in firmware 1.1.0.0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 11:39:15 am »
Thanks for the reply and explanation of the first point Valentin.

Regards the second point, yes I have everything synced as per the MCC picture. I have global swing at 58 and no shifting and can reliably reproduce the problem. I'll try the same pattern with zero swing and let you know if that makes a difference.

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
Hi,

Yes please let me know.

Best

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
The second point should be ok with lastest firmware, I guess.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines