March 28, 2024, 09:49:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncing external board from iSpark via iConnectMIDI4+  (Read 5462 times)

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Syncing external board from iSpark via iConnectMIDI4+
« on: December 11, 2016, 02:27:48 pm »
Hi, I am unable to get midi sync from iSpark to drive Moog Syb37 clock (arp, sequencer, lfos). (Sub37 is nothing special, can be any other synth with usb midi.)

I also tried to get the iSpark clock over to my desktop (Mac) via iCM4+ with no success. I am unable to see the clock on the Mac using MIDI Monitor. Normally I can see all midi activity, so it looks like iSpark is not sending midi clock outside iPAD (via usb to iCM4+).

I am able to sync everything else, I am heavy user of iCM4+ and I have no problems syncing external boards from Spark2 on Mac. I'd like to have a portable setup with iPad instead of the Mac and no luck so far.

Has anyone done this? Synced some external board from iSpark?

Thanx!

Papadington

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Syncing external board from iSpark via iConnectMIDI4+
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:46:48 pm »
Hi, I am unable to get midi sync from iSpark to drive Moog Syb37 clock (arp, sequencer, lfos). (Sub37 is nothing special, can be any other synth with usb midi.)

I also tried to get the iSpark clock over to my desktop (Mac) via iCM4+ with no success. I am unable to see the clock on the Mac using MIDI Monitor. Normally I can see all midi activity, so it looks like iSpark is not sending midi clock outside iPAD (via usb to iCM4+).

I am able to sync everything else, I am heavy user of iCM4+ and I have no problems syncing external boards from Spark2 on Mac. I'd like to have a portable setup with iPad instead of the Mac and no luck so far.

Thanx!

Hello'

I have the same problem, try to sync ISpark via Icoonectivity Midi 4+ to Steinberg Artist 9 Sequencer but not possible ?

Anyone have a good idea ?

Regards.

Papadington

Papadington

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:01 pm »
Quote from: mantrak on December 11, 2016, 02:27:48 pm

Thanx!

Hello'

I have the same problem, try to sync ISpark via Icoonectivity Midi 4+ to Steinberg Artist 9 Sequencer but not possible ?

Anyone have a good idea ?

Regards.

Papadington

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:36:14 am »
iSpark has no MIDI clock out, you could sync devices via Korg's old WIST technology (to other Korg apps/devices) or via Ableton Link (which isn't a real MIDI clocking feature, but more like a simple, non-standard sync).

BrendaLef

• LindsyDicFM
Syncing external board from iSpark via iConnectMIDI4
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 05:34:58 pm »
Hi all

Im having troubles syncing my sp-555 live to an external midi clock - time  play/stop messages.

Heres the setup ::

MASTER / Computer 1 ::
Ableton Live sending MIDI SYNC Clock out messages with RME FIREFACE as soundcard/midi interface.

SLAVE / Computer 2 ::
Ableton Live with SP-555 as soundcard/midi interface, receiving midi clock messages from MASTER. SP-555 is set to AUTO Sync on Midi Synchronization mode, Ableton live is set to Sync MIDI IN from SP-555.

Usage :: Just syncing both Lives. All the pads/pattern/performance/loop modes from SP-555 are not relevant.

Can anyone help ? Thanks a lot

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines