March 29, 2024, 12:13:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "MIDI Start/Stop" mode in sequencer does not work.  (Read 2600 times)

valdaisky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
"MIDI Start/Stop" mode in sequencer does not work.
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »
Hi
I tried demo of Jup-8V (V3.0.4.1078) (Windows7, 64bit, VST2, DAW Studio One 3)

It seems "MIDI Start/Stop" playing mode in sequencer does not work.

I check in old Jup8 V2 (have license) - this feature works properly, ie play marker starts together with DAW playback.

May be in the new version that works in some other way? (Or it some demo restriction ?)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:47:52 am by valdaisky »

LBH

Re: "MIDI Start/Stop" mode in sequencer does not work ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:08:40 pm »
I can confirm the "playhead/ playback" in V3s sequencer keep running if you Stop it in your DAW using the Midi Start/ Stop.
So if you for example have a long note your DAW and your DAW is set to chase long notes, then you can't keep the correct sequence before a new note is activated. but you can in V2. This is a bug.

Is this a correct understanding of your issue?

valdaisky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 03:46:42 pm »
Yes, I think I have seen this too, sequencer keep running uncontrollably if you did not stopped it before switch to "MIDI Start/Stop" playing mode. Well, probably an indirect\parallel problem.

But I propose to identify the subject problem more clearly: sequencer in "MIDI Start/Stop" playing mode just does not start together with DAW playback.
(as I understand it should start together)

Sorry for my english.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »
We agree something is wrong. Also that the free running playmode start/ Stop buttons interfear in a way with other playmodes, that they should'nt, and that very odd behaviors sometimes occour.

Please elaborate what you mean by "Start together"?
Also please tell if you have any notes playing in your DAW or if you trigger a note using a controller?

I don't hear sound when i stop the sequencer using MIDI stop - unless i trigger a note manually - even if the Jup-8 V3 sequencers playhead wrongly keep moving. Do you hear sound, if you don't trigger a note?

Sometime It can be easier for Arturia to identify  the issue/s you see there is if you describe more in deyails what your are doing, and what your are trying to do.

It's okay with your english. English is'nt my native language either.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:08:37 pm by LBH »

valdaisky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 09:30:10 pm »
LBH, excuse me, I do not understand, for what presence of info about MIDI notes or controllers ? Too much indirect information.

The "MIDI Start/Stop" playing mode, is a mode in which internal Jup8 sequencer controlled via start/stop buttons of DAW sequencer.

Or by other words - Jup8 sequencer should run together (simultaneously) with start play of DAW sequencer.

Am I right or wrong?

Please elaborate what you mean by "Start together"?

1) select in Jup8 sequencer "MIDI Start/Stop" playing mode
2) press Play button in your DAW sequencer.
3) after two above actions the Jup8 sequencer should start to move, until you press the stop button in DAW sequencer.

I do not know how to speak more understandable.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 10:05:42 pm »
3) after two above actions the Jup8 sequencer should start to move, until you press the stop button in DAW sequencer.

Yes this is true. Don't Jup-8 sequencer run by you start this way? It do here. But the Jup-8 sequencer playhead wrongly keeps moving when i stop my DAW even if the sound stops here.
However i get no sound until a key is triggered. Do you get sound when you trigger a key manually or by a note in your sequencer? Should there be sound without a note is triggered?

I have just tried to describe what's working and what's not working, because there is some things that is not working correct.

BTW. I also use Studio One 3.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:04:05 pm by LBH »

valdaisky

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 11:03:48 pm »

Yes this is true. Don't Jup-8 sequencer run by you start this way? It do here. But the Jup-8 sequencer playhead wrongly keeps moving when i stop my DAW even if the sound stops here.
However you will get no sound until a key is triggered. Don't  you get sound when you trigger a key manually or by a note in your sequencer?

I have just tried to describe what's working and what's not working becasuse there is something that's not woeking correct or well.

BTW. I also use Studio One 3.

In my case, sequencer in "MIDI Start/Stop" mode just stay in the same place, without any movements (after started DAW playback).

LBH, ok i understand that you want to check something else, but unfortunately i uninstall jupv8 v3 yesterday. But I hope to come back to this in the near future.

I wanted only to inform about the fact that there is a bug.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 11:05:45 pm »
(Was just changing my last post. And then you have posted. Never mind.)

Yes there is a bug. That we agree.
I also think Arturia can find it from our posts now.
Great you report.

Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines