March 28, 2024, 05:11:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC claims that installed instruments are not  (Read 2394 times)

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ASC claims that installed instruments are not
« on: December 08, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »
Why does ASC claim that some of my V-Collection 4 instruments are not installed (and needs to be downloaded), when they clearly are installed and run fine?

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
Re: ASC claims that installed instruments are not
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:43:25 am »
Yes, I noticed this a couple of days ago.  The ASC works fine in Windows, but on my Mac, it keeps insisting that I have not updated 5 of my VC4 synths, but they all seem to work well in my daw.  Hoping an answer is forthcoming.
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:38:54 pm »
Yes, I noticed this a couple of days ago.  The ASC works fine in Windows, but on my Mac, it keeps insisting that I have not updated 5 of my VC4 synths, but they all seem to work well in my daw.  Hoping an answer is forthcoming.
Same problem here as I posted in another thread about this. This started happening with the latest revision of ASC. If you go back and reinstall the previous version when you open it it starts the self-update process and you can stop it but then ASC quits. Reopen ASC and that same dance starts all over again. Why doesn't Arturia give a way to turn off the auto-update process? Every other program I use allows for that.

Supposedly Arturia rolled out this update to fix a problem in the most recent versions of OSX but in the process they screwed it up for users of OSX 10.9.5 and earlier. Supposedly ElCrapitan and Sierra are okay.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

carlosrr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Ph.D. in History, Lecturer, Retired naval officer
    • Carlos of Coronado
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
Well, I am using El Capitan, so the "challenge" is not fully solved.  I tried d/l the updates on a flash drive and then updating but the same result.  It is Christmas, and maybe we will have a gift fro Aturia fixing the issue. :)
Windows 10, Yosemite iMac, 4 controllers, Analog Lab, V Collection 4, Komplete 9, Omnisphere, AAS Ultra-Analog

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:48 pm »
Strangely, I'm on El Capitan as well, no anomalies whatsoever.

All VC5 instruments as well as Spark 2 are up to date, installed and activated in ASC, and fully function both in DAW and in Standalone mode.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 10:56:21 am »
Strangely, I'm on El Capitan as well, no anomalies whatsoever.

All VC5 instruments as well as Spark 2 are up to date, installed and activated in ASC, and fully function both in DAW and in Standalone mode.
Well, it's not VC5, but the VC4 installs that are afflicted.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines