March 28, 2024, 04:49:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 does not work in Garageband 10  (Read 7529 times)

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 2 does not work in Garageband 10
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:28:59 pm »
Hello, I have just installed Analog Lab 2 on my MacOS Sierra. Standalone app updates something, activated and it plays well. So far so good.

When I start Garageband and I select the plugin, it says it is not compatible or something (got Czech version of the system so).

What am I doing wrong? Please don't tell me this is not compatible. I bought two AU plugins today and nothing works so far! :-(

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab 2 does not work in Garageband 10
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 04:15:55 pm »
It might be sanboxing issue, I symlinked this directory

/Library/Arturia

to

/Users/lzap/Library/Containers/com.apple.garageband10/Data/Library/Arturia

but I am still getting the error. Is there anything I could copy into the sanboxed container?

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:17:38 am »
Spent whole weekend on it, no way of getting it working.

If you have some internal build or anything, I'd be more than happy to beta-test it, I am skilled UNIX programmer (but MacOS / Garageband newbie).

Can someone at least describe me in more detail what is wrong? Apparently the AL2 seems to be 64bit AU plugin, Garageband does see it but there is some loading problem. My bet is this has something to do with licensing :-)

LZ

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:21:37 am »
Hi Lzap, and welcome on this board.
Sorry you are encountering this issue.

We are aware of this one, as your case is not isolate. We are currently working hard to fix it. i'll keep you aware for sure.

sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

best,

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:18 pm »
It is great you are working on this one. Cannot wait to test it out!

rocky460712

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 06:11:05 pm »
I too have had this problem. After purchasing the MiniLAB MK II I then installed and activated Analog Lab Lite and then started GarageBand 10 on El Capitan...all worked well (I remembered that for Audio Unit plug-ins like GForce I had to Enable AU Units in Garageband preferences under the Audio/MIDI tab for Effects).

I then upgraded to Analog Lab 2, downloaded, installed and activated it with the codes sent to me. Now it does not work with a "not compatible" style message stating that I need to upgrade the plug-in and to contact the vendor...you guys.

So why would you be selling a product that does not work when I pay money for it, but it is OK for the FREE version. Good thing I did not buy several of the instruments before testing this...it would be wasted money since in an earlier response I read where you guys are "working" on it. I feel warm and fuzzy now.

How do I go back to the free version?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:32:25 pm by rocky460712 »

discordia

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
I am also having this issue. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve it.

Patrik

rocky460712

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 03:34:53 am »
I received an email from Arturia tech support and they suggested I use an older version of Analog Lab 2 (Analog_Lab_2_2_0_0_871) which can be downloaded from their website.

To download that version, go to the website, sign in to My Arturia (your My Arturia), select the tab Downloads & Manuals, scroll down to the Analog Lab software section (about the sixth section from the top), there will be a green button which reads Show Archives, click it and older versions of Analog Lab will be displayed. Select Analog_Lab_2_2_0_0_871 dated 18 May 2016 for your platform (Mac). Uninstall the version of Analog Lab you now have and install this older version. All should be well then.

They are still working on what causes the newer version to not work with GarageBand. Hope this works for you.

discordia

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:43:53 am »
Thank you Rocky.

How well does the older version integrate with MiniLab MkII? According to the release notes integration was done in the latest version - 2.0.4. Is there anything you miss or does most things work as expected?

Patrik

rocky460712

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 12:31:27 pm »
Haven't done a lot of work with that keyboard since I had this older version installed and confirmed it worked with GarageBand and the MrkII...been spending more time and work in Logic with other keyboards...Axioms.

Was really holding off testing it more until I had more time to spend with it and GB and before purchasing Collection V or any single Arturia instruments.

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 11:34:25 pm »
Any updates on this one? No update so far.

lzap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 09:45:09 pm »
It looks it works now. I haven't been updated AL2 but Garage updated to 10.1.6. Nice!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines