March 29, 2024, 04:11:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab: the memory 1 is read-only and doesn't allow me to achieve my neeeds  (Read 4343 times)

Mister Diamond

Hi, I am a new user here and also an happy owner of a MiniLab.

I work on Cubase, and there I have a project which is complex under the point of view of Midi mapping/routing: on the MiniLab I have 8 preset ("Memory" from 1 to 8 ) and each preset is assigned to a midi channel - from 1 to 8 - but in the meantime, some knobs and pads, should also interact with other channels: thanks to the Midi Control Center software I have been able to accurately set my needs, until I encountered an issue: I've found that the "Memory 1" is read only, as stated by Midi Control Center.

Well, I heard of the fact that the Memory 1 is set as read-only to ensure that MiniLab, in case of some wrong configuration with the other presets, could be still able to work, eg with Ableton Live or Analog Lab, but personally I'm vexed, because I just only use Cubase, and since I've bought a product, I'd want to be free to set it as I want, and I am aware of my needs.

To be specific, I aim, on the memory 1, to set the "Mode" of PAD nr 4 and PAD nr 5 from "Midi note" to Switched Control".
There is some developer on this forum, which could give me some hints/help? Would be fantastic to remove such limit and set the memory 1 as read-write instead of read-only. If is impossible, consider this as suggestion for the next firmware update, please.

Kind regards.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:51:32 pm by Mister Diamond »

Fishoow

• Apprentice
Something just changed with the software (or hardware). It used to be memories 1-8 were open and the other option was the "Working Memory". I have a ticket in and will hopefully find out why the change. I think it was in the last update.

Mister Diamond

I have a ticket in

Sorry, I don't understand, since English ain't my main language and sometimes I am unable to understand: with "ticket" do you mean that somewhere, on the Arturia's website there is a section where the users can submit "tickets" for "bugs" and troubles about the products? If so can you provide me a link to such ticket? :-)

However, the fact that the "Memory 1" is set as read-only, is definitely a regression and a limit for the final user.

Kind regards.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Yeah. I only just noticed this myself when I went into MCC to check on assigning NRPN/RPN messages to knobs.
From the day I got my MiniLab, it's been pad #2 that has the default Arturia defined setup that works properly with the Analog Lab software.
I had already written my own config to pad #1 in the past, so it's currently no big deal that I can't reassign it. But is IS irritating that all of a sudden pad #1 is read-only, even tho pad #2 is the one with Arturia's default setup (and the config that my MiniLab defaults to when I start it up)
C'mon Arturia!! What's with removing functionality from your software? Who at your company thought that was a good idea?
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines