March 28, 2024, 02:50:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP and Volca Beats - Not working - FIXED - How To inside...  (Read 6953 times)

JJHMusic

BSP and Volca Beats - Not working - FIXED - How To inside...
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:40:22 pm »
Hi all,

I've been trawling through forums here and elsewhere hoping to get an answer to this...

BSP and Volca both on channel 10. Drums Mapped properly in MCC. MIDI Monitor showing I/O. BSP connected to Volca by MIDI.

Start/Stop messages will work being sent from the BSP to the Volca.

I cannot play any notes however! All audio I/O is correct (if I touch a step on the Volca I hear it), switching between step input and live mode doesn't make a difference - nothing I sequence on the BSP is being sent to the Volca somehow.

I can sequence using S1/2 to trigger my eurorack synths, but the Drum sequencer just doesn't want to work for me at all - any idea what I'm doing wrong? ???

Cheers!

So for those who were confused like myself, here's a checklist to get your Volca working with the Beatstep Pro, hopefully this helps someone else out.

(Obvious stuff first).

1) Check that you're sending MIDI from the BSP drum seq on Channel 10 (for VBeats). To check your channel, hold the CHAN button down, the drum seq will be the purple highlighted pattern button.

2) Check that your Volca is receiving on the correct channel. Hold down MEMORY whilst powering up, and it'll show the channel - hit a corresponding key on the Volca to choose your channel (10 for Beats). Press REC to store changes.

3) Check that MIDI short notes is on - FUNC while powering up Volca, press button 10 (from memory, I think that's the right one - consult documentation to check!). This is what got me. Press REC to store changes.

4) Hopefully enjoy your now working equipment!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:34:14 am by JJHMusic »

Zay R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BSP and Volca Beats - Not working - FIXED - How To inside...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:20:56 am »
hi did u try and map BSP control mode encoder to volca beats part levels. if so did it work and if it did how did you get it to work. please help me out ..

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: BSP and Volca Beats - Not working - FIXED - How To inside...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:24:19 pm »
Hi JJHMusic,
Glad you have it working finally.

Hi Zay R,
Did you manage to solve your problem?

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines