April 24, 2024, 06:37:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mini V3 FX  (Read 2983 times)

Steve1977

Mini V3 FX
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:04:25 pm »
Hi guys, I bought the Mini V3 last night, love the synth as an instrument plug in (I use Cubase 8.5 pro on PC btw).
My only issue (and it' a biggie) is that in older versions that I'd demo'd you could always run the plug as an insert on an audio track and use its filters for processing vocals etc. This new version doesn't seem to come with an FX plug . (The older ones had the standard instrument plug as well as an FX plug .dll to use on audio).

I thought a way around it may be to download an older version, a V2 and use it purely as an FX plug for Audio, while continuing to use the V3 as an instrument.

On 'My Products' on the Arturia page, you can scroll down and download older legacy versions of the minimoog. So I downloaded the V2 legacy version. The only problem is it only runs as a 20 min Demo and is asking me to buy it in order to use it , but I bought the V3 only last night. Btw, even if you wanted to pay twice and buy it again, there's no way you can as clicking the link just takes you to the V3 page (which of course I already own).
I've emailed Arturia, but in case they don't get back to me, doesn anyone have any ideas or workarounds?
Are their FX.dlls available for v3 or can arturia just activate my v2 demo? The audio insert aspect was a big reason for my purchace. I had no idea they'd removed that option in v3.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Steve

LBH

Re: Mini V3 FX
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
V2 and V3 are two different products. You don't have V2 just because you have V3. Just saying how it is.
VC5  applications has replaced VC4 applications.

Unfortunately VC 5  versions like Mini V3 don't have the FX VST's that many DAW's including Cubase i believe need to use the audio input feature. But i will insist that Arturia create  FX versions for free and now, as else it's a downgrade charged as a upgrade and a feature i'm promised, but can't use. I don't know if other DAWs than Ableton can send audio to a VST instrument and don't need a FX version to do so.

There are threads about this in the forums.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:43:19 pm by LBH »

Steve1977

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
Yes, that's how I saw it too. A downgrade in some ways from v4 (or v2, I'm confused with all the versions is this 3 or 5?  :) ha ha).

But on the bright side, Arturia have been decent enough to authorise the demo version of V2 (or V4 :)) on my account, so I now can use the previous version for effecting vocals, guitars etc and use the current version purely as a MIDI soft synth. So kudos to Arturia for solving my problem.

If they do end up releasing FX plugs for the current version in the future that'll be even better still.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:32 pm »
Great Arturia helped you. :)

There is a difference between VC and V. VC means V-Collection.
Old Arturia apllications can be up to 3 versions - V3. But V3 versions are only in V-collection 5. Also V-collection 5 have newer applications that's only V(1) or V2.
So a V version is the first version. A V2 is the second and a V3 the third version of an application.
V-collections (VCs) up till the latest VC5 have had different versions of different applications depending on how many versions they where at at the time a VC came out. But yes i agrree, that can be confusing. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines