March 29, 2024, 02:46:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Automation of parameters etc in Cubase  (Read 1796 times)

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Automation of parameters etc in Cubase
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »
HI there. I've recently upgraded to V Collection 5 (running on Cubase 8 64bit) and I'd like to ask:
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of which features can be automated on which instruments? And does this depend on the DAW or is it inherent to the V instruments?

For example, I've been going through the Modular-V and most of the parameter changes seem to record fine, but can patch cable changes be recorded or not? It doesn't seem to be the case but I'm not sure.

I was planning on going through every instrument as comprehensively as I could, then realised that maybe someone already knows the answer, and therefore save me a lot of time! I had many occasions when I was using the V Collection 3 thinking what I was playing would be recorded as automation, and then it wasn't, which was of course immensely disappointing. V5 seems to work much better in this respect, but I'd rather not run the risk of doing things thinking they're being captured when they aren't!

Thanks for your time.

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Automation of parameters etc in Cubase
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 01:25:54 pm »
1) Right-Click on the Instrument Track in the Project window.
2) Select "More.." in the drop-down menu that appears below the Instrument Track header.
3) In the "Add Parameter" dialog, open the folder (by clicking on the arrow) for the inserted instrument.

Now, you'll see a list of all automationable parameters. If your parameter is not included, it can't be automated.

This is not V-Collection 5 specific, but goes for every plug-in. All DAWs that can record automation has a similar list. How to get at it, however, differs. You'll have to reference the manual for the DAW in question.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Automation of parameters etc in Cubase
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:19:47 pm »
Hey Svenne, thanks for that! It was a bit more fiddly to find the menu you were referring to, but now I understand, cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines