April 20, 2024, 03:21:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sending Multi Preset Changes from the KeyLab 88  (Read 1708 times)

tonygardner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sending Multi Preset Changes from the KeyLab 88
« on: November 23, 2016, 04:54:37 am »
Hey Guys.

I would like to be able to successfully send a program change command to my Motif XS Rack and have it change from one Multi Preset to another.

I have been successful when I use MSB 063, LSB 068 and the Program Number (-1) from a cool iPad app called BandHelper (Arlomedia).

Unfortunately, when I try to same from the KL88, it seems to ignore the MSB (063 is dedicated to sending Multi preset changes as opposed to other banks).

That is to say, the VOICEs change on my Multi preset, but the preset doesn't.

A little technical background on the Yamaha Motif XS Rack Multi. Specifically, this is four different voices grouped together in a variety of fascinating ways which often include ARPs (arpeggiated patterns). So I might have drums on the 1st part, bass on the 2nd, guitar on the 3rd and a nice piano on the 4th part. ALL parts are set to receive on MIDI Channel 1. As you can imagine, ALL four voices change simultaneously when I send the MSB/LSB/Program Change.

Any thoughts you have on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

tonygardner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sending Multi Preset Changes from the KeyLab 88
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »
O.K. I figured it out.

When the KeyLab sends Patch Changes, it sends the LSB before the MSB, so you have to swap them.

Arturia friends, if you read this, please consider re-evaluating the order in which the MSB and LSB values are sent prior to the Program Change. Either that, or change the labels!

Cheers,
Tony G.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines