March 28, 2024, 10:47:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 v Spark VDM  (Read 3910 times)

jonnatchez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark 2 v Spark VDM
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »
Hi. I have what I think is a simple question, but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere online: Does Spark 2 include all the content of Spark VDM? Is Spark 2 a collection of smaller Sparks in the same way the Arturia V Collection is a bundle of softsynths? Or is it its own instrument?

I ask because I'm currently collaborating on a project with a composer who has used Spark VDM on a bunch of sessions that I now have to work on. In order to properly open up & work on his tracks, I need to get an instance of VDM; since Spark 2 seems larger and more versatile, I'd prefer purchasing that. But if I have Spark 2, will I be able to instantiate my partner's VDM tracks? If Spark 2 is a bundle that includes the other Sparks, I'm assuming yes; if not, I'm assuming no, correct?

If the latter, can someone tell me if VDM can do things Spark 2 cannot? Thanks,

Jon

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 2 v Spark VDM
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:08:19 pm »
Hi Jon, I think the answer is yes there all in spark, so best to go with that .

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jonnatchez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:06:58 pm »
Just to confirm, Terry: Spark 2 will allow me to open up Spark VDM tracks/settings already placed in a session?

Thanks,

Jon

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:19:02 pm »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »
Hi,

Just in case your "Session" means or include using a DAW.
Keep in mind that Spark and Spark VDM are different applications/ plug-ins. In a DAW project Spark will not open instead of Spark VDM. You'll have to change the VST manually, just like you will have to do the same manually for any of your VST that's on a different path, than your friends are.

There can be other differences you'll have to change manually i would guess. But that i can't tell for sure. Perhaps terrym can answer this if needed.
The drumsamples used in Spark VDM is AFAIK in Spark 2.

If you are planning to use DAW drum tracks from your friend as they are in a DAW project, then perhaps it's easier to stem out the drumtracks, so you just can import the audio files into your DAW project.

Perhaps some things to consider is that Spark 2 is the newest Spark, and VDM appeared in V-collection 3, but is not in V-Collection 4 where Spark replaced VDM, and Spark is not in V-Collection 5 but got updated to Spark 2 for V-collection 4 owners.

Regards.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »
Make sure your collaborator sends you the spark files and his project, in addition to your actual daw project. Probably just import his spark vdm files right into spark 2 on your end. Like others have said, you will have to switch vsts, it shouldn't be an issue. Spark 2 that you own probably already has his drum set and stuff from VDM, but you wont' have the patterns, unless it's all midi in a DAW track. Plus they may have altered the default settings anyway Cool?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines